Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Congrats to Alabama and Miss St for having.......

Red_N_BlackRed_N_Black Posts: 353 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

...the top 2 scoring offenses in the SEC. I guess maybe our 6th, 7th & 8th string tailbacks need to get better at running that off-tackle play we've run the last 20 minutes of every game.

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When I checked out the Bama/Ole Miss game, the score was 52-7 and Alabama was still passing the ball. Just classy as hell I tell you.

• JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,735 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Red_N_Black said:
    Holding down the score against an outclassed opponent has always been kind of a "southern" thing anyways. What you're seeing now is the more head coaches we bring down here from other parts of the country, the more the emphasis has become embarrassing the the other team. Saban and Alabama are somehow getting a lot of credit nationally for being the first SEC team to score 50+ points in their first 3 games. We all know that CKS could have easily put up 60 points or more on USCjr and 70 or 80+ on AP and MTSU if he really wanted to. I'm thankful that UGA has never tried to do things like that. Offhand, I can only recall one southern coach who routinely tried to humiliate the other team and that was Spurrier.

The announcers bragging on all the points Alabama scored on inferior teams are simply encouraging bad behavior in young football players and rewarding poor sportsmanship.

Frankly I'm surprised at Saban. What is he trying to prove?

Kirby is a good man. We are so fortunate to have him. That said, I think we know what he is trying to prove, and it has nothing to do with beating up on the little sisters of the campfire gals.

Go, Dawgs!