Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

In Tears (Tennessee Board)

Comments

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@pgjackson said:
    Doesn’t sound like the fanbase has any confidence in Pruitt. I wonder what his buyout is.

$6M buyout before 12/31/2018, decreasing by $1M each year after.

• Options
    ColaDawg86ColaDawg86 Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gator fans feeling a little good right now, pumpin their chest out a bit until the Dawgs run wild on em in Jacksonville.

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@ColaDawg86 said:
    Gator fans feeling a little good right now, pumpin their chest out a bit until the Dawgs run wild on em in Jacksonville.

The one on the right is CJP and the one on the left is the thumb up his caboose.

• Options
    BigGAdawgBigGAdawg Posts: 575 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Some of their comments are really funny. I was half expecting to see some of the goobers who were loudly proclaiming that Kirby was afraid to play Pruitt, etc. I guess all those guys, by now, have all climbed back up Rocky Top to check on their stump-trained goats and to run off enough moonshine to carry them through the rest of the season. Frankly, I think they will need enough to carry them through several seasons of recruiting, assuming they can con any decent recruits into coming up there to wear "that hideous orange."

I have NO LOVE for Pruitt, but he has to deal with the collection of knuckleheads he inherited. I did not buy into that argument (for 8 years) of O'Bummer but in this case it may take Pruitt 5-6 years of telling tall tales to turn up enough players to truly change the course they are on. AND I don't think there is any chance those ridge-running stump-jumpers will have that much patience.
    WOOF!!!

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Butch was an odd bird with all his 5 star hearts and champions of life comments. But it seems like he attracted a group of players who responded well to that stuff. And now they got a hard nose coach and the seams have completely ripped wide open.

That’s just what it looks like after their Florida game though. Maybe they’re not really that bad?

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@levander said:
    Butch was an odd bird with all his 5 star hearts and champions of life comments. But it seems like he attracted a group of players who responded well to that stuff. And now they got a hard nose coach and the seams have completely ripped wide open.

That’s just what it looks like after their Florida game though. Maybe they’re not really that bad?

The problem is they might have been every bit that bad playing Florida and yet able to jump up and bite us. ODU hadn't won a game yet beat VT (as everyone knows) showing us the reason we say that thing about on any given Saturday...

But, no, I don't think Tennessee has a prayer. We'll have to work hard to convince them, but convince them we will. They are going to be dominated. It's going to be u g l y. Nobody wearing red and black has any inclination to give a team wearing orange anything but a very hard time.

We looked sloppy (to some people) and made a lot of mistakes against Missouri. You know practice this week has been intense.

Somebody's gotta pay...

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I kinda feel bad for UT a once grest program like this. I mean it could be us just as easily. They will be back, don't knock them too hard cuz you'll have to kiss their butts on their way back up.

• Options
    mattmd2mattmd2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don't think this fanbase has the patience to let Pruitt do his thing. Especially not when he's starting this deep in the hole in terms of talent, depth, and recruiting.

Timing may be the worst thing working against Pruitt right now - the east (UGA, USCe, even KY) are getting stronger. If he's able to recruit at a high level after going 0-8 again in 2018, then he deserves to be a winner. I just think Tennessee's program is unattractive and their fanbase isn't doing anything to help. If I'm a recruit, I can't really find a good reason to pick UT over anyone else.

So yeah, I see Pruitt lasting 3-4 years. He'll show improvement year-to-year, but I don't see him having enough time to bring the program back from the brink.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

I just hope Mays' brother doesn't get conned into that mess. He needs to just come play for the Dawgs!

• Options
    UnderDog68UnderDog68 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2018

@mattmd2 said:

I just think Tennessee's program is unattractive and their fanbase isn't doing anything to help. If I'm a recruit, I can't really find a good reason to pick UT over anyone else.

Immediate playing time....that would be about the only reason.

• Options
    EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Pruiit is already recruiting well.thats one thing he can do.but they have little instate talent up there.if UGA wasn't bad in the 90s Tenn would never have won in 98 with all those ga players on the team.Kirby has Ga on lockdown unless he doesn't really need the kid.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Reading through the UT forums--I agree with others in questioning if Pruitt will have time to turn the team around. If he keeps having tantrums like kicking whiteboards he will probably find himself out by contract's end. Winning is his only hope to stay longer.

• Options
    BigcalidawgBigcalidawg Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wonder if his Ahole bil has read that post. Down season, or not, free tickets is a nice gesture.

I got to see the Dawgs play in Jordan Hare and it was a blessing. Free tickets are cool.

• Options

@law_dawg35 said:
    I kinda feel bad for UT a once grest program like this. I mean it could be us just as easily. They will be back, don't knock them too hard cuz you'll have to kiss their butts on their way back up.

I think we should be polite and well mannered even to losers wearing u g l y orange jumpsuit-looking costumes whom we hope never beat a Georgia team again the history of the world, and if they do it's because, well, because nothing. Just never! Still, they're people.

You're right. Tennessee may one day will never again if we have anything to do with it be a good or great program.

Let's show their fans and potential recruits why you don't want to go to Tennessee.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
  • Options
    RedbonebanditRedbonebandit Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

https://wifflegif.com/

Good ole Vols quitting on their team before the game even kicks off

• Options
    allywallyw Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I see Tennessee and Florida both as impatient fanbases with a weird sort of culture. It’s like they feel entitled to be at the top of the SEC just because...