Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

UGA president Jere Morehead is asked about his confidence in A.D. Greg McGarity - By Seth Emerson

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

@sethemerson wrote:

ATHENS — These have not been heady days for Georgia athletics, and two days ago athletics director Greg McGarity fired one of his key coaching hires. So with that as a backdrop, and with McGarity watching, UGA president Jere Morehead was asked a two-pronged question on Wednesday:

What does he say to the many fans who are concerned about the state of the athletics program? And what is his confidence in McGarity?

Morehead began by listing the accomplishments of several Georgia teams, mainly in spring sports, and also expressed confidence in the future for Bulldog football, men’s and women’s basketball. While he did not directly address the question about McGarity, the president stated his confidence in the direction of the overall program.

“I still have confidence in our athletic program,” Morehead said. I think our prospects for the future are bright and I don’t have any reason to think that we’ve got any systemic problems that have to be addressed at this point.”

The question came at a regularly scheduled media briefing with Morehead, which followed a cabinet meeting. McGarity was among about a couple dozen officials who was sitting nearby as Morehead spoke.

McGarity fired gymnastics coach Danna Durante on Monday, five seasons after hiring her. She was the second coach who McGarity hired who ended up being fired, the first being volleyball coach Lizzy Stemke.

Read the full article here - https://www.dawgnation.com/football/dawgnation/uga-president-jere-morehead-defends-greg-mcgarity

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish someone would ask me about my confidence in A.D. Greg McGarity. My reply would have been much more terse and less political than Morehead's; "We are beginning our search for a new Athletics Director effective immediately."