Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Visiting Kroger (Kentucky's) Field

TeamNeemTeamNeem Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hey guys, I have never been to a football game where my team wasn't the home side. I am really excited for this Kentucky game because it is relatively close to me (I live in Ohio) but I have no clue what to expect as far as visiting hostile territory is concerned. We bought our seats in a place where I would expect to be largely outnumbered by Kentucky fans based on how well UK has been doing (we are in section 8, row 5. So not in the visitor's section). Really looking for advice from people that have experience being an away fan as well as tips specific to Kroger Field (i.e. parking, good food recommendations, tailgating, traffic conditions etc.)

Thanks!

Comments

• CZCashvilleDawgCZCashvilleDawg Posts: 9,360 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I havnt been there since it was updated and became Kroger field but as far as hostility is concerned, UK fans are some of the most tame in the SEC in terms of football.

• TeamNeemTeamNeem Posts: 72 ✭✭✭ Junior

@CZCashvilleDawg said:
    I havnt been there since it was updated and became Kroger field but as far as hostility is concerned, UK fans are some of the most tame in the SEC in terms of football.

Yeah I figured they would be a good first away team experience. I think only Vandy in the SEC would be more tame. Although there is definitely some hype building with how surprisingly good UK has been which could bring out the fanatics

• ancelyancely Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

My first time to Kroger field as well. I've been told Joella's hot chicken is great. check out the reviews

• Dawg19Dawg19 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I would usually say Kentucky football fans are pretty tame, but I don't remember the last time they had this much hype surrounding them. If they start to become like Kentucky basketball fans then oh boy lol

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have really enjoyed the few times I have been. Nice people, we win, and a beautiful state.

Enjoy

@ancely said:
    My first time to Kroger field as well. I've been told Joella's hot chicken is great. check out the reviews

A hot chicken place sounds right up our alley, thanks!

@Dawg19 said:
    I would usually say Kentucky football fans are pretty tame, but I don't remember the last time they had this much hype surrounding them. If they start to become like Kentucky basketball fans then oh boy lol

So true haha

@JRT812 said:
    I have really enjoyed the few times I have been. Nice people, we win, and a beautiful state.

Enjoy

Let's hope my experience is the same, especially the winning part!

• 3rdshift3rdshift Posts: 546 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

if they hire coach cal as a recruiting consultant...sky is the limit...also since we now know for a fact due to the unc situation.... that the ncaa has no teeth regarding academics...who will be the first school to create a 'legitimate path' to graduation that is 'tailored' to the athlete.

• BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Went there 2 years ago. Honestly the only problem we had was some guy in an Ohio st hat. My biggest memories from the game was Snell left, snell right, snell wildcat. Oh, and hot rod's field goals.

• brentwilsonbrentwilson Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Got to experience being the villain for the first time this year in a columbia. By the middle of the 3rd quarter, Williams Brice had basically turned into Sanford Stadium - East.

@brentwilson said:
    Got to experience being the villain for the first time this year in a columbia. By the middle of the 3rd quarter, Williams Brice had basically turned into Sanford Stadium - East.

Haha that's what I'm hoping for!

• NYCVolunteerNYCVolunteer Posts: 193 ✭ Freshman