Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Gene Chizik

BamaDawgBamaDawg Posts: 2,523 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Have to admit that he has really grown on me as a commentator. Seems willing to tell it as it is.

Comments

• moosmoos Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wish Tony Romo did college games. He's was awesome in the few NFL games I watched either him

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

@BamaDawg said:
    Have to admit that he has really grown on me as a commentator. Seems willing to tell it as it is.

I think a lot of him too. Seems like a decent guy, and he knows his stuff. Ever since he called us beating AU in the SEC champ rematch last year. I mean he pretty much nailed his pregame prediction. He even said he knew a lot of people would assume he was picking AU just because... Sharp guy when it comes to football.

• BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BamaDawg
    I like him as well. Kind of think he doesn’t really have a leash on him as much as others and just speaks facts for the most part. I know he was a coach of a rival team but I firmly think Auburn screwed him over and jumped the gun to quick after a bad year.

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

Chizik was very fair to UGA last year. In the SEC Now show following the game, he (a feeling) is clearly in tune with the team. Regarding the latter, all three analysts, including Dari!, (it seems) look at UGA as an almost "America's team". Remarkable.

• BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A Gator who coached Auburn with $cam Newton? OK, so I might not love him, but he is finally being objective.