Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

My mother and father in law

BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Lots of family and friends in Panama City/Lynn Haven area. Heading down now to help. I'm gonna miss my first DAWGS game since I was 7, 40 years ago as Verizon ain't up yet. Hope my wife appreciates the hugest sacrifice I can dang make. GO DAWGS!!!

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

Buy a small radio and some earbuds and at least listen to the game while you’re helping? Stop at a Best Buy I bet you can get a decent setup for $25 in under a half hour. It’d kind Of be an old school experience. The way they used to do it back in the day.

You’re family and friends are lucky they got somebody coming down to help. Not everybody down there does, best of luck to you guys.

• Options
    JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 3,678 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Many folks have trouble with the "100 years from now" choices... seems like you're making the right one.
    God speed, and goooooo00000000OOOOOOOOO DAWGS!! SIC 'EM!!!
    woofwoofwoofwoofwoofwoof, etc.

• Options
    BiffLowmanBiffLowman Posts: 695 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:
    Buy a small radio and some earbuds and at least listen to the game while you’re helping? Stop at a Best Buy I bet you can get a decent setup for $25 in under a half hour. It’d kind Of be an old school experience. The way they used to do it back in the day.

You’re family and friends are lucky they got somebody coming down to help. Not everybody down there does, best of luck to you guys.

That's a great idea! I'll see if I can and will check local for the game. Thanks!

• Options
    MuffingodMuffingod Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@BiffLowman said:

@levander said:

That's a great idea! I'll see if I can and will check local for the game. Thanks!

You may also be able to find a radio app for your phone

• Options

@BiffLowman said:

@levander said:

Save the box and the receipt. If you don’t want the radio to end up in a junk drawer for the next 15 years, waiting for someone to throw it away, you can just return the thing after the game.

It’s kind of shady, but their return policy completely allows for it, I’ve dine it before. But I try not to. Just in rare occasions. Like when you’re family is buried under a hurricane and you got to listen to the game. I think that qualifies.

• Options
    PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 6,127 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Biff, you're making the right choice, man! I think you can download apps on iPhones to enable radio use. Built into the hardware, but not the software. No idea which is best. Maybe somebody has used it here. AM travels further and some of the FM stations could be out down there. Good luck and Go Dawgs!

• Options

@Muffingod said:

@BiffLowman said:

@levander said:

You may also be able to find a radio app for your phone

And then you wouldn’t have to figure out what to do with the radio after the game is over.

You’d still probably need earbuds.

• Options
    CatfishCatfish Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2018

You can get the home call feed on the Georgiadogs site. All you'll need are some earbuds and a full charge on your phone. I don't have cable or interwebs so I have to listen on the website. If you have SiriusXM there is an app for your mobile devices. I listen there too. My bad. Didn't read your post completely. Maybe Verizon will be back up by game time, here's hoping so. Be safe and carry your weapon if you have one. Lot's of assholes waiting for an easy target.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good on ya, @BiffLowman. I hope you can find a radio! Be safe, and Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hang in there Biff bro and hope everything works out with your family.