Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Watching Bammer - LSU Game 2018

Comments

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Problem is, LSU can barely do anything on O. I think we’d have more success against Bama than this.

EDIT: On offense. I’m concerned about our D versus Bama.

I was figuring if LSU D can hold Bama to under 30, with our better offense we’d have a chance.

But LSU D is looking way better than ours. We’re not comparable on D I’m thinking right now.

• Options
    FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

LSU line is giving Burrow protection. Can't find open receivers

• Options

If LSU can stop Bammer this series then there is real hope in the 2nd half.

• Options
    LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@levander said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:
    Problem is, LSU can barely do anything on O. I think we’d have more success against Bama than this.

I was figuring if LSU D can hold Bama to under 30, with our better offense we’d have a chance.

But LSU D is looking way better than ours. We’re not comparable on D I’m thinking right now.

I agree, LSU’s D is better. Most teams aren’t balanced, so we are good enough to force them to their weakness (see today). Bama’s not like that, and they have the receiver depth to challenge our secondary.

Of course, there’s a reason they play the games.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LSU needs a turnover and house it

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Under pressure, Tua looks average.

• Options
    AndersonDawgAndersonDawg Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I don’t see any hope for LSU. Maybe I just jinxed Bama? Probably not.

• Options
    BiggerBadDawgBiggerBadDawg Posts: 789 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ole Zach Mettenberger has to find a way to ignite the 11th man.

• Options
    706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:
    I haven’t seen LSU secondary make one play as bad as a couple I saw our upcoming 5* corner make today. LSU’s D is seeming way better than ours.

Plus they got that crowd dominance we won’t have in the Benz if we play Bama there in SECCG.

Are you aware that our 5* CB is a true freshman and your comparing him to Juniors at LSU?

• Options
    greshamdiscogreshamdisco Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Danielson is so over the top pro Bama it’s sickening. Even my wife made a comment about it, and she doesn’t follow football. Does Danielson know TT or Saban weren’t born in a manger and can’t walk on water?

• Options
    levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@levander said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

I agree, LSU’s D is better. Most teams aren’t balanced, so we are good enough to force them to their weakness (see today). Bama’s not like that, and they have the receiver depth to challenge our secondary.

Right now I’m thinking our best chance is some improvement on the d-line and maybe we can put pressure on Tua. Cause our secondary ain’t holding up against this passing game. Tyson Campbell doesn’t seem like he’s suddenly gonna get better this year to me. DB is a harder position to learn than most. Takes time.

• Options
  • Options

@JayDog said:
    Under pressure, Tua looks average.

He does. Therein lies our problem.

• Options
    JayDogJayDog Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Gunslinger actually finally paying for recklessness with his first interception

• Options
    edited November 2018

My stu-pid strategy for now: Burrow airs it out and hope to get a PI call. Fastest way to get down field.

• Options
    edited November 2018

Good punt coverage

• Options

@levander said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@levander said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

Right now I’m thinking our best chance is some improvement on the d-line and maybe we can put pressure on Tua. Cause our secondary ain’t holding up against this passing game. Tyson Campbell doesn’t seem like he’s suddenly gonna get better this year to me. DB is a harder position to learn than most. Takes time.

Yeah. I hope we can get H-M and Marshall back. I liked the aggressiveness of playing someone those young ‘backers this week. Channing Tindall came through that line looking to vaporize someone.

Campbell’s going to get picked on a lot. On his PI today (and I think he had one last week), if he’d have just turned, he’d have had a play on the ball.

Our young team really intrigues me. You can see the talent, it just has to break through. Once we get the D-line squared away, look out.

• Options

Rats Tua has too much time.

• Options
    mqg96mqg96 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Insane, and sad. Georgia fans and dawgnation, come at me. My HATE for Alabama surpassed Florida after our loss in the national championship last year. Alabama plays just as dirty as Florida but Alabama gets away with the calls unlike Florida, which is why the nation thinks Alabama is the most disciplined team when that's far from the truth.

• Options
    LD10LD10 Posts: 434 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Flip channel to FOX. Oklahoma and Texas has a good game going.