Tray Scott?

deutcshland_dawgdeutcshland_dawg Posts: 62 ✭✭ Sophomore

Our pass rush has gotten better and the emergence of Jordan Davis has been crucial. Is Davis an example of what Tray Scott coaching can do or is it individual effort? Does anyone think we need new change DL coach? For me i think he bought another year because of jordan davis. I want to see similiar improvement next season with the new DL recruits

Comments

• greygoose01greygoose01 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 8

A product of both coach and player efforts. Remember Rome wasn’t built in a day. Davis had to decrease weight and increase conditioning before he could play, which he’s done. He’s going to be a DGD

• christopheruleschristopherules Posts: 2,204 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Amen. I think Georgia is just fine with coach Tray Scott.

• GrayDawgGrayDawg Posts: 395 ✭✭✭ Junior

If I'm not mistaken, Tray Scott vouched for Davis. So not only did he see potential in a 3* recruit, but he helped him develop that potential.

On a side note, I love when coaches are able to recognize the diamond-in-the-rough recruits. The expectations for Davis were to provide depth at the position and look what he's turned into already!

• TeddyTeddy Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Scott developed talent well at UNC with 2 & 3 star recruits. But as others have said, and what it always boils down to, is that it’s both the player and coach as far as development. Probably moreso on the player, as far as determination/work ethic, and the coach figuring out where to focus their efforts on each player and how they respond to different coaching styles.

• KaseyKasey Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

FIRE TRAY SCOTT!!!!

• ThelordjohnsonThelordjohnson Posts: 1,500 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Tray Scott is doing excellent. He's worked with Walker, Thompson, and others on beating rushes. Bellamy and Carter also bigged him up last year as a coach. Trust in Kirby Smart.

• JMFDJMFD Posts: 161 ✭✭✭ Junior

I sure like his passion and enthusiasm!