Interesting UGA vs AU Stat

PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was reading a humorous AU blog that pointed out that the first team to score in this game loses, and they were imploring Gus to do whatever he had to not to score first on Saturday! Here is the stat—in every game since 2013, the team that scored first lost the game. Go Dawgs. And personally, I would risk it and jam it in the endzone for 6 on the fist play if we can.

Comments

• gdawg4lifegdawg4life Posts: 160 ✭✭✭ Junior

I like the stat this guy tweeted. Specifically the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter numbers

• donmdonm Posts: 6,399 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@PerroGrande said:
    I was reading a humorous AU blog that pointed out that the first team to score in this game loses, and they were imploring Gus to do whatever he had to not to score first on Saturday! Here is the stat—in every game since 2013, the team that scored first lost the game. Go Dawgs. And personally, I would risk it and jam it in the endzone for 6 on the fist play if we can.

Me too. Never been much of a history buff, myself.

• PerroGrandePerroGrande Posts: 685 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 9

Some more interesting stats:

Passing O. UGA 78. Au 79
    Rushing O. UGA 16. AU 82

Passing D. UGA 11. Au 57
    Rushing D. UGA 35. Au34

Dawgs have big advantages in rushing O and passing D, otherwise amazingly close. Auburn has a big advantage in sacks and TFLs. That tells me Auburn relies on big defensive plays to control opponents.

• JoelSidneyKellyJoelSidneyKelly Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@gdawg4life said:
    I like the stat this guy tweeted. Specifically the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter numbers

Update:
    First quarter
    Auburn — 28
    Georgia — 24

2nd, 3rd & 4th quarters
    Auburn — 3
    Georgia — 95