Home General
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Wife wants to go to her first game tomorrow

brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Help me pick tickets I see a bunch online for 40-50 ea . But where are the best seats for that price range.. any in the shade ? Please help lol last minute decision.

Comments

• Options
    benjaminwgreggbenjaminwgregg Posts: 677 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I found cheap tickets on stubhub. It also shows the view from the seat

• Options
    ForestryDawgForestryDawg Posts: 29,255 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The Home side (South) is the shady side

• Options

Yeah I see a bunch on there. Any sections better than others ?

• Options

Ok south side it is. Probably wont be much shade at 12 anyways

• Options

I'm an idiot. Trying to order these while working and didn't even pay attention and bought tickets on the north side. Section 106. Oh well her first game ever. I'm sure it'll be mostly dawgs anyways. Lol. Any tips on best parking and being there for dawg walk? I want her to get the full experience!!

• Options
    JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@brady01 said:
    I'm an idiot. Trying to order these while working and didn't even pay attention and bought tickets on the north side. Section 106. Oh well her first game ever. I'm sure it'll be mostly dawgs anyways. Lol. Any tips on best parking and being there for dawg walk? I want her to get the full experience!!

Congrats on tickets. However, traffic control and parking is awful in Athens.... based off my memory. I haven’t been there for a game in 6 years.

• Options
    CFPTitle_DawgCFPTitle_Dawg Posts: 64 ✭✭ Sophomore

@brady01 unless she is ok with baking in a brutally hot sun, if I were you I would pay more and go get some more in the lower level on the south side as close to the back of the section as you can, which might get you some shade after a while. And a fabulous view with the dawgs on your sideline. Those 3 middle sections on south side which I believe is 130 through 132 would be great. We sit in 107 and that first game was so brutal at 3 pm on that we automatically knew we would not put my wife back out there tomorrow to get another sunburn. You would hate for her to have a bad experience if she does not like that.

I believe the east campus deck is free and has a shuttle ride to the stadium but I have not done that in many years- maybe you can google for that to see if still that way.

• Options

@CFPTitle_Dawg said:
    @brady01 unless she is ok with baking in a brutally hot sun, if I were you I would pay more and go get some more in the lower level on the south side as close to the back of the section as you can, which might get you some shade after a while. And a fabulous view with the dawgs on your sideline. Those 3 middle sections on south side which I believe is 130 through 132 would be great. We sit in 107 and that first game was so brutal at 3 pm on that we automatically knew we would not put my wife back out there tomorrow to get another sunburn. You would hate for her to have a bad experience if she does not like that.

I believe the east campus deck is free and has a shuttle ride to the stadium but I have not done that in many years- maybe you can google for that to see if still that way.

Well I called StubHub and it's final lol so we're going to have to tough it out. Luckily were young and she loves being in the sun.

• Options

Weather says 86 and low humidity so it might not be too bad..

• Options
    GodawgGodawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

As you mentioned earlier, the game is at noon so the sun's pretty much going to hit every seat not on the club level. Shade won't hit the south side until 3:00 pm of so and this game will be well decided by then and you'll probably be in a bar having a cool one. :-)

I would get in town early and try to find a spot downtown or north of downtown. If she's never been to a game, a walk to the stadium through old campus and back through downtown after the game is a must see/do. I've also actually had good luck with Lyft rides on game days surprisingly enough.

• Options

@Godawg said:
    As you mentioned earlier, the game is at noon so the sun's pretty much going to hit every seat not on the club level. Shade won't hit the south side until 3:00 pm of so and this game will be well decided by then and you'll probably be in a bar having a cool one. :-)

I would get in town early and try to find a spot downtown or north of downtown. If she's never been to a game, a walk to the stadium through old campus and back through downtown after the game is a must see/do. I've also actually had good luck with Lyft rides on game days surprisingly enough.

Awesome thanks!