Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

First Cocktail party

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It’s my first cocktail party I’ll be parking in lot XX. Any advice? My wife is about 6 months pregnant so don’t want anything too rowdy

Comments

• superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

Get there early. Traffic is a cluster around the stadium

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@superblackeagle said:
    Get there early. Traffic is a cluster around the stadium

Yeah gonna try to get there by 8-8:30, for espn or secn.

• RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Congrats! Your about to understand why we scoff at the fans that keep saying it needs to be changed to home/home series. It's one of the best games I've ever attended.

• GodawgGodawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

It's fun, but just know some people get super drunk. Don't be surprised to see fights. We went to Jacksonville Landing one night before the game and my wife nearly got clocked by a Gator going after...wait for it...an FSU fan. If yours is six months pregnant, I'd keep her away from the crowded nightlife. A nice dinner at Commander's Palace is a good alternative and the water taxis are fun, although I ran into a foul-mouthed Gatoress on one of those a few years back. (every one I've ever met is toxic, but this particular specimen was especially nasty)

@Godawg said:
    It's fun, but just know some people get super drunk. Don't be surprised to see fights. We went to Jacksonville Landing one night before the game and my wife nearly got clocked by a Gator going after...wait for it...an FSU fan. If yours is six months pregnant, I'd keep her away from the crowded nightlife. A nice dinner at Commander's Palace is a good alternative and the water taxis are fun, although I ran into a foul-mouthed Gatoress on one of those a few years back. (every one I've ever met is toxic, but this particular specimen was especially nasty)

Haha no doubt! Yeah I want to avoid the heavy party areas. I’m hoping to get up front for either gameday or sec nation. We’re going to get to Jacksonville early Saturday morning like 1am. So pretty much gonna be gameday festivities.

• GodawgGodawg Posts: 56 ✭✭✭ Junior

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Godawg said:

Haha no doubt! Yeah I want to avoid the heavy party areas. I’m hoping to get up front for either gameday or sec nation. We’re going to get to Jacksonville early Saturday morning like 1am. So pretty much gonna be gameday festivities.

Make sure to take a "3rd and Grantham" sign. :p

@Godawg said:

@bigdawg2223 said:

@Godawg said:

Make sure to take a "3rd and Grantham" sign. :p

I’m thinking something along the lines of cousin Eddie.

• superblackeaglesuperblackeagle Posts: 303 ✭✭✭ Junior

What side of field are we pn?

West I think, I’m in section 116 and I know that’s the Georgia side

• BobcatGradBobcatGrad Posts: 1,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Weather should be ok Saturday, but it will be wet Thursday and Friday as Willa moves through the area.

• dawgnmsdawgnms Posts: 5,173 mod

Man I been to Jax like 11 times.........just wish I could remember them

• RockSpringDawgRockSpringDawg Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    West I think, I’m in section 116 and I know that’s the Georgia side

Yes. The west side of TIAA Bank Field is the home side. This keeps the visitors side in the sun longer as the sun sets.

• Beastmaster1952Beastmaster1952 Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

Where will dawg nation be hanging out on friday

• BullyDawgBullyDawg Posts: 524 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited October 2018

@Godawg said:

Where is Commander's Palace in Jax?! I know of the one in NOLA, but ...

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:
    It’s my first cocktail party I’ll be parking in lot XX. Any advice? My wife is about 6 months pregnant so don’t want anything too rowdy

Don’t let her partake in the cocktail party..... other than that you in a cocktail or to at the party because it will be a minute before you can attend again.

Congrats on the kid!