Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Watching Bammer - LSU Game 2018

FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
edited November 2018 in Off Topic

Anyone want to comment on Bammer-LSU game? Have at it.

LSU D got the stop on Bammer so that its streak of a score on 1st possession was broken.

Comments

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Only 6 for the red

• LowcountryDawg21LowcountryDawg21 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

LSU’s going to need some help from Bama. Their defense might not be Bama’s usual, but they’re plenty good enough to strangle LSU.

• AnotherDawgAnotherDawg Posts: 6,761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Good idea for a thread. Thanks @FirePlugDawg.

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Glad delpit didn't get that targeting.

11th man? From the people who brought you Justin Fields first collegiate pass...🤦🏻‍♂️

Appears that there is something to the charge that the refs have their thumbs on the scale in favor of the Bammerites.

• RedBlackDawgRedBlackDawg Posts: 354 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our D got better past 2 weeks, especially today. But it’s gotta get a whole lot better for us to not be boatraced by Bama

At the end of Q1 I'd call it a draw so far. Bama jumped out to a statistical advantage but LSU absorbed the blows and kept them out of the endzone. Good football game between two of the great all-time college football programs.

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That crowd is something we won’t have if we play Bama in SECCG. It’ll be a neutral site game. Saban will tell the fans they have to come in spades. They will be there in spades. Even though they do seem to be getting tired of winning and not as excited as they used to be.

edited November 2018

@AnotherDawg said:
    At the end of Q1 I'd call it a draw so far. Bama jumped out to a statistical advantage but LSU absorbed the blows and kept them out of the endzone. Good football game between two of the great all-time college football programs.

LSU D is the real deal. LSU O is the lesser end. (apologies for the Duh)

Any time they mention Bama RB John Jacobs I keep waiting for... Jingleheimer-Schmidt.

How did Tua throw that?

This is an intense game, and the **** announcers keep making goofy jokes.... Annoying.

• 706Dawg706Dawg Posts: 467 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@levander said:
    This is an intense game, and the **** announcers keep making goofy jokes.... Annoying.

Danielson keeps referring to the crowd as the 11th man...

Kept them to 3. Not bad

edited November 2018

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@levander said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

@AnotherDawg said:

@LowcountryDawg21 said:

@levander said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOO5S4vxi0o

Classic!

I haven’t seen LSU secondary make one play as bad as a couple I saw our upcoming 5* corner make today. LSU’s D is seeming way better than ours.

Plus they got that crowd dominance we won’t have in the Benz if we play Bama there in SECCG.

edited November 2018

Problem is, LSU can barely do anything on O. I think we’d have more success against Bama than this.

EDIT: On offense. I’m concerned about our D versus Bama.