Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Melo?

bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone know why Carmelo Anthony was at the game today?

Comments

• bigdawg2223bigdawg2223 Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Also country music artist Luke Combs was there.

• muttley1211muttley1211 Posts: 229 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Said he was down visiting family

@muttley1211 said:

Ahh, I was wondering if there was any connection with someone on the team.

• cory430cory430 Posts: 913 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@bigdawg2223 said:

@muttley1211 said:

Ahh, I was wondering if there was any connection with someone on the team.

Sounded like he just showed up on a whim, said that he hadn't ever been to an sec game before and wanted to check it off the list.

• law_dawg35law_dawg35 Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How do famous people get on the field? Do they pay? If not who do they ask? How does one like Melo go about that feat

• brady01brady01 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I heard he was justin fields first cousin... sarcasm font again.

• VaBeachDawgVaBeachDawg Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@law_dawg35 said:
    How do famous people get on the field? Do they pay? If not who do they ask? How does one like Melo go about that feat

I have no idea but I would guess all that networking happens through sports agents who prolly all know each other. from what I understand that’s a very small community. Who knows, CKS and melo may even be repped by the same agency.

• DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

A variety of ways. He can call Tom Crean and Crean makes it happen. His agent calls IMG and they make it happen. Slides in Kirby's DMs.

• ThisDawgThisDawg Posts: 970 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Thought it was a good look. Kinda needs to be limit though IMO of non affiliates with low stardom factor. Unless... he's in the lab secretly helping Crean take over?

• FirePlugDawgFirePlugDawg Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@ThisDawg said:
    Thought it was a good look. Kinda needs to be limit though IMO of non affiliates with low stardom factor. Unless... he's in the lab secretly helping Crean take over?

Let's hope their is some real juice in the electrodes.....

• BoroDawgBoroDawg Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:

Melo definitely doesn’t have “low stardom.” Maybe somenof the boosters don’t know who he is, but I guarantee you that every single recruit was highly impressed with Melo being there.

• pgjacksonpgjackson Posts: 17,645 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@law_dawg35 said:

I used to do field security for UGA home games. There are different levels of field passes. Not hard to get if you know people. Probably half the people you see walking around the sidelines not in uniform are VIPs and people who know people. And if you are nice to the gate guards, sometimes we would let you take a quick stroll on the sidelines...maybe get a picture with Uga. It’s a very cool experience being on the sidelines during a game.

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ThisDawg said:

Melo was a top 5 player in the league on the nuggets. I had his jersey. If you’re a croot, you love to see it

• joe_rush45joe_rush45 Posts: 163 ✭✭✭ Junior

He also showed up at Lamelo Ball’s basketball game at Norcross HS I BELIEVE

Yeah I posted this before I seen the interview. I do think it’s good for the brand, he could have easily went to the iron bowl.

• Midnite_TrainMidnite_Train Posts: 862 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2018

@BoroDawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

Melo definitely doesn’t have “low stardom.” Maybe somenof the boosters don’t know who he is, but I guarantee you that every single recruit was highly impressed with Melo being there.

LOL the fact that you can just say “Melo” and the world knows who are talking about..

Carmelo is an international superstar, him being between the hedges is absolutely awesome for the program

• ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,032 mod

@Midnite_Train said:

@BoroDawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

LOL the fact that you can just say “Melo” and the world knows who are talking about..

Carmelo is an international superstar, him being between the hedges is absolutely awesome for the program

I must be the only one in the world who doesn't know who he is....Oh well, back under the rock I go.....

• donmdonm Posts: 10,241 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@ghostofuga1 said:

@Midnite_Train said:

@BoroDawg said:

@ThisDawg said:

I must be the only one in the world who doesn't know who he is....Oh well, back under the rock I go.....

You are no worse for your lack of knowledge in this area, trust me.

• JRT812JRT812 Posts: 4,697 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Thought it was spelled like Elmo