Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Alabama defensive starter shot in the leg...

SavageDawg17SavageDawg17 Posts: 1,535 mod

Alabama defensive tackle Raekwon Davis suffered a minor gunshot injury while standing in the parking lot of a Tuscaloosa bar early Sunday.
Davis, 20, was hospitalized with an injury to his leg. Investigators with the Tuscaloosa County Metro Homicide Unit would not identify Davis as the victim, but The Tuscaloosa News has confirmed his identity. Investigators said Davis was not targeted, but he was hit by a stray bullet.
“The victim told investigators he was standing outside of Bar 17 when he heard several gunshots and realized he had been shot in the right leg,” Homicide Unit commander Capt. Gary Hood said. “The victim was uncooperative with investigators.”
Bar 17, at 3217 10th St., is just off Stillman Boulevard and has been the site of shootings and a homicide over the last few years. It was most recently called The Playhouse.

Tagged:

Comments

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It was probably an Alabama fan who was unhappy with the way he has been playing. Alabama fans are the worst.

• ReeldawgReeldawg Posts: 971 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

As one sheriff put it, in a sarcastic southern draw, as he described a shooting in a night club in the city where I once lived:

[There were a 100 people in the club but they all were using the bathroom when it took place.]

The snitches get stitches mentality really frustrates law enforcement.

On the football side of things, do they have a plug and play replacement or do they rearrange the D line?

It will be interesting to see the timing of Bama's D line against FSU.

• DawgBonesDawgBones Posts: 2,189 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Palm_City_DawgPalm_City_Dawg Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@DawgBones said:

"Come back you coward, I'll stump you to death! Alright, we'll call it a draw!"

• Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Palm_City_Dawg said:

@DawgBones said:

"Come back you coward, I'll stump you to death! Alright, we'll call it a draw!"

Classic British comedy :D

• levanderlevander Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2017

As to the "victim was uncooperative" bit in the OP, what was there for him to cooperate with? They believe he was hit by a stray bullet. Was he supposed to identify the shooter? Seems like if saw someone shooting him, he would have ducked.

Just doesn't seem like he would know that much about the shooting.

Now if the cop was all trying to make a conspiracy investigation out of it, I could see Raekwon being like, "Man, I don't know anything" even though maybe he did know some of the other people in the parking lot. Especially if he had just been shot and didn't feel like talking to the police about a bunch of their reaching for information maybe he didn't feel was relevant.