Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Bama vs. WVU

DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Listening to the Pod today and BA shared his thoughts on Morgantown not being on the bucket list on places he'd want to go play. I'm not from WVU and didn't go there but I can tell you one thing, that place is a PARTY. I've never seen anything like it.

I'm in my mid 30s and am close to aging out of that kind of "fun" but the first thing I thought of is, BA is wrong. I'd LOVE to have a reason to go to back to Morgantown." Sorry, BA but WVU is the exact type of game I'd want to go to if I was still "of age."

Comments

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's definitely on my Stadium Bucket List. I hear there is nothing like getting drunk and burning couches in Morgantown when WV wins a game.

• NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

But is it the celebratory partying that makes it worth the trip? I'll definitely add it to my list of stadiums to go watch Bama lose (I'm not picky, I'll watch Tenn or UF lose there as well). But would the game atmosphere (with say 30% Dawgs in attendance), city sights, and nightlife be worth the trip if UGA took the game and the Mountaineers disappeared for the weekend?

ETA: I just realized this string kind of raises a different topic, bucket list stadiums to watch your team vs bucket list stadiums to watch the home team win. For example, I was at UGA from 2001-2005 and got to see us go over 2 years without a home loss. Anyone making that 2004 Tenn in Athens (our first home loss since 2001) their bucket list stadium trip would've seen a pretty rough version of Athens...and Athens is still one of the best college campuses (in my slightly biased opinion) out there regardless of athletics.

• Bulldawg1982Bulldawg1982 Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

To answer your first question, I'm not sure about the celebrity thing. Your 2nd question, of course, any Stadium where the Dawgs are playing is worth the trip. Plus WV is a nice state.

I sure wish we could get a Home and Home set up with Hawaii.

• NomadDawgNomadDawg Posts: 436 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited February 2019

Good call, I should clarify that. I really meant would a trip to Morgantown be a preference if we had our choice in destinations. I agree, if we're scheduled against them, I would definitely look into a trip out there.

Hawaii would be a great one to attend. Is that 13th/bonus game rule still in effect? If so, this would've been a great year to play out there, with the 14 week schedule, throw an extra cupcake on the schedule to get the incoming freshman some extra practice.