Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football wide receiver JJ Holloman reportedly dismissed from the team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,461 admin
edited June 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football wide receiver JJ Holloman reportedly dismissed from the team

According to a report from the Covington News on late Friday afternoon, Georgia wide receiver Jeremiah Holloman has been dismissed from the Bulldogs' football team. The report states that the dismissal comes after an investigation into an assault from 2018 that was launched earlier this month. Georgia coach Kirby

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    tvradioguytvradioguy Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman
    edited June 2019

Are you kidding me?? So this means we have lost the best 4 receivers from last year's team? Wow. A friend was just commenting to me how wonderful it was not to be hearing anything negative out of the Georgia program this off season. Man. I guess Florida fans are loving this after all that their program has been hit with. How important are the Pickens/Blalock recruitments now??

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    Well, this isn't good and will hurt without a go to WR..Time to step it up Demetris Robertson and show why you were so hyped to be the next big thing..
  • Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    JackJack Posts: 87 ✭✭✭ Junior

Next man up. Well that next step up is a big one for someone on our roster. You just can't hurt women. PERIOD.

• Options
    Or let a True Freshman show you how it's done..
  • Options
    DawgForLifeDawgForLife Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman
    One player doesn't a team make. His error in judgement extends beyond football. We'll be fine.
  • Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Just goes to show Kirby don't play around with players who hurt women.

He was a good player. Good thing there's all that young talent on deck. Fromm will know who's ready to step up, and they will be ready...

• Options
    Topdawg2002Topdawg2002 Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore
    Guess he will go to uf that's acceptable there. Or which ever school urban meyer coaches next
  • Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next man up.

What's the over/under Holloman ends up at The Barn or UT(k)?

• Options
    Why would you wait over a year to pursue charges? Should've happened within 24 hours of the incident. Not condoning his actions in the least, hell no! But an assault should not be left in the cold for a year before it's presented.
  • Options
    If you assaulted me, you best believe, you'd be arrested within a matter of days, if not hours.. It wouldn't linger for any period of time. Hope this young man learns a valuable lesson from this, or it could be the start of far worse things to come for Mr Holloman.
  • Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Hello JJ, this is coach Malzahn. I just read that you are no longer worthy of a scholarship at Georgia. We have a long record of taking UGA rejects and want you to know you will be welcome here on The Plains with open arms!"

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 359 ✭✭✭ Junior

Guess he will transfer to Alabama or Auburn now.

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Inexcusable to assault a woman. Not sure why it took so long to come to light but must be accurate or I’m sure Kirby would not have cut him loose. Hate to hear it for JJ. I’m sure I’m not alone in hoping that this young man finds and gets the help he needs in turning his life around. Big blow but next man up. How big is getting dRob last year and Cager this year now? Go dawgs.

• Options
    Casey..enlighten me to what sentence or paragraph that it states they were dating..has not a **** thing to do with my statement. Dating or not..IT WAS WRONG..PERIOD
  • Options
    Kasey, my apologies for the misspelling.. But do the crime..you do the time
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

I was moreso your questioning the victim of this crime and why she waited a year to report it

• Options
    I can understand that Kasey, but why would you wait a year to report ANY kind of crime? Especially when the victim is female and assaulted by a male.
  • Options
    You assault me, enter my home by force, steal from me..it will be reported within minutes..NOT months
  • Options
    KaseyKasey Posts: 28,881 mod

She was probably afraid to report it. What if he hit her again?