Home The G.O.A.T.s: Forum Thread Hall of Fame
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Next To Commit To The G 2020

Comments

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dude I know we all care way too much and desperately want to see uga win, but the “I don’t care what he thinks he wants I know better” is distasteful. We already have shown we are above that with our recruitment of Justin Rodgers this year.

If Gilbert wants to play tight end, receiver, defensive end or even punter we should recruit him as such and be transparent if we don’t think he could do it. Again, we don’t need to resort to things like that to field an incredible team.

• CTDawgCTDawg Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I wouldn’t mind if people who broke the news from other sites be asked to leave the forum. I don’t want this forum to be a place where we ruin a recruit’s one chance for his big moment

• judasdurantjudasdurant Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’ve been saying this since the day he committed. I loved his high school film more than any croots in recent memory. Absolute shame we didn’t see him earlier last year.

• dawgy10dawgy10 Posts: 995 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Iys not that serious. This is a recruiting forum , people come for recruiting news. 99 percent of prospects who commit are figured out where they are going before they release it.

• dgd829dgd829 Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

@Kirbstomper

I never said I know better, just stating that kids think they know everything. Everyone that is anyone in the scouting/coaching world has said that Gilbert is a TE/DE in college and a DE/OLB in the NFL, yet Gilbert is determined to be a WR in college. All im saying is that Gilbert is too talented to give up on bc we differ on positions. Tennessee is the only team recruiting him as a WR, and I think they'll end up signing him bc of it (as well as BJ Ojulari & Harrison Bailey). Yet I feel confident that Gilbert will be lined up on the defensive side of the ball before his second season.

• texdawgtexdawg Posts: 11,574 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope who ever down voted this just has fat fingers.

No other reason to DV a very solid point.

• jusdowelljusdowell Posts: 148 ✭✭✭ Junior

No I’m not saying that I’m jus saying he’ll be a hell of a safety but in all he’ll be a hellified corner

• umoonerumooner Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Meh, I get your point, but I still would contend that the people that read these boards are a very small contingent of fans. Stuff only really gets going when the media members all start CBing folks.

My old man view differs from yours too, in that I don’t think not getting to surprise fan bases is that big of a deal, and it’s kind of hard for me to feel sorry for any recruits that people aren’t surprised for.

Don't know if he'll be a hell of a safety. Probably - but he should be a helluva CB and that is way more valuable.

edited August 2019

@texdawg

It's not being dishonest if he is the one asking to move from WR to some other position. Recruit him like a WR like he wants to be and let it go wherever it goes. If he can be one of our top 6 WRs then let him do it! Gilbert/Washington/Pickens/Blaylock/Milton sounds pretty unstoppable to me.

• KirbstomperKirbstomper Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited August 2019

@dgd829 What you’re advocating is just manipulating an 18 year old kid.

It is a very big deal to some of these kids to be able to announce to their friends, family and to their future school's fans where they are going to attend.

I've sat next to 11 kids who were announcing the school they would attend. Whether it was Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Rice, Lehigh, Brown or where ever - it was a big deal.

For someone to just coldly give info away that they found out and justify it some way is just wrong.

If you want to speculate on something go ahead - but if you have info on where a kid is going - and it's private - keep it to yourself.

Ok lets cut the ****. Gilbert will be manipulated by who ever signs him (Pruitt), because they will tell him he can play WR which they know he can't, but they'll sign him anyway and let him figure it out for himself that he just can't compete.

• ancientdawgancientdawg Posts: 249 ✭✭✭ Junior

Then again he may never see it. then when asked to change may be resistant to the point of conflict. Be honest with the guy. I would like to have Gilbert as much as he is a Ga guy as for any other reason.

But don't lie to the guy. The truth is by not lying to him we're also being honest with ourselves, and that is just as important.

This discussion has been closed.