Home Off Topic
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

soccer

BiggDawgg63BiggDawgg63 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm 56 year's old. I've watched USA men's & woman's National soccer teams, congrats to the women's team. I'm also an Atlanta United fan even when they played on that "UNHOLY GRANT FIELD" I was just wondering how many supporters there are among Dawg Nation? If you are and if not why? I'm a Homer if we had a cricket team I'd first have to learn the rules but I might watch but from what I've seen it seems pretty strange to me ha ha. Just saying.

Comments

• Options
    southafricandawgsouthafricandawg Posts: 113 ✭✭✭ Junior

Cricket and soccer are both great games. You didn’t grow up watching it therefore you will have a hard time understanding how great it is.

Baseball for me is the same way. (Can’t get into it )

• Options
    Denmen185Denmen185 Posts: 7,405 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fan of both Soccer and Cricket. Being English it is hardly surprising. The reason that neither sport is popular in the US (if you think soccer is you don't understand the rest of the world) is because there are no opportunities for breaks for commercials and hence not covered by TV. Soccer is a 90 minute game with only a 15 minute halftime break hence 90 minutes of action takes 1 hour 45 minutes; American Football is a 60 minute game which is really 30 minutes of action at most that takes 3+hours. Don't misconstrue I love watching CFB on TV but being there with all the ESPN breaks is very frustrating in a blow-out.

• Options

Have you seen how popular Atlanta United is we love and understand soccer. I can't wait to watch today's match against L.A Never thought I would feel the way I feel about Atlanta United as I do about my Dawgs and believe me I bleed red and black!

• Options
    TeddyTeddy Posts: 7,109 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I’m a soccer and United fan.

• Options
    swilkerson73swilkerson73 Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I was just wondering how many supporters there are among Dawg Nation?

Not me but I hear they draw extremely well.

Only time I pay attention to soccer is during the World Cup.

• Options

If you watch the world cup you might like Atlanta United there good and fast paced. Check them out. Gives me someone to root for till my Dawgs start!