Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Skyrocketing Georgia football ticket pricing spiked by Notre Dame

SystemSystem Posts: 10,541 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageSkyrocketing Georgia football ticket pricing spiked by Notre Dame

Georgia football ticket demand and pricing is through the roof, spiked by interest in the Notre Dame game at Sanford Stadium

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Rising ticket prices are always a good thing (unless you actually want to go to the games LOL). That being said, I'm not sure how this $1,220 price is being calculated. Looking on Stubhub, $1,086 gets you up to 2 tickets on 2nd Row 50 yard line. That's far from "average". My guess is that there's someone asking $10,000+ per ticket and that's throwing off the average. There's a bunch of tickets available starting at $500 and many < $600.

That being said, it's good to see the demand. I just hope that Georgia fans buy the tickets and not Notre Dame. We don't want the reverse of last year.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

It wasn't last year, but 2017.

• Options
    BowdCrowderBowdCrowder Posts: 17 ✭ Freshman

Well that makes me feel a little better about what I shelled out last week on Stubhub for the Oklahoma-Texas game.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This article makes my recliner more comfortable, my bathroom and refrigerator seem closer, my DVR instant replay at will even more desirable and my snacks cheaper. Thank you SEC Network.

• Options
    athensmwathensmw Posts: 3 ✭ Freshman

I am alarmed by just how many Notre Dame / UGA tickets are for sale on Stub Hub, 115 tickets in my section alone. Almost all sections on the lower level on UGA season ticket holder sideline have 100+ tickets for sale...

I hope we don't make the same mistake their fans made and let their fans fill our stadium.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

Alabama fans hear foot-beats racing up from behind - knowing the stampede is coming.

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm sorry but no one in their right mind is going to pay $413 for Bama S. Carolina. Wow.

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

You're talking about Bama and Carolina fans, so you comment is very logical.😄

• Options
    rsjs0709rsjs0709 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

I wish someone would pay me 1200 a ticket if so i got two lower level home side. That would pay for my tickets and contribution for next year. Cash only!!!