Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football captain Jake Fromm ranked behind 8 quarterbacks in PFF metrics

SystemSystem Posts: 10,513 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football captain Jake Fromm ranked behind 8 quarterbacks in PFF metrics

Georgia football quarterback Jake Fromm is ranked among the Top 10 returning players at his positions, based on metrics from Pro Football Focus

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Tua in any other school and his rating drops substantially, IMO

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fields at 16, evidently based only on his stats against UMass, is all I need to know about the credibility of The PFF.

• Options
    BanditBandit Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

I cannot understand Field's rankings without him starting or playing a complete game. Was it the UGA offensive system and Cheney' not adjusting it to his skill set, that was Fields' problem at UGA? Looking forward to see him play in a system that may be more suited for him. The fact that he was given the staring job before he ever enrolled at the University of Ohio and does not have to compete for playing time may be to his advantage. Hope to see him vs UGA down the road in a playoff game.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,046 mod

The main problem JF had last years was adjusting to the caliber of play and competition at the next level. He has talent, but he was just too anxious.

Btw- He's at Ohio State University and not the University of Ohio. Two different schools...

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fair enough. But for Fields to even be ranked when he has done nothing on a college football field is head shaking, at best, to me. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BanditBandit Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

Please excuse my mistake , my head was spinning after reading that the University of Ohio is trying to copyright the word "the".

Ready for the season to start and let the walk replace the talk.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I don't get all the over hype over Fields

The kid showed potential and also showed he was far from polished or ready to face college Defs in his limited action at UGA

Honestly I would have placed Eason way above Fields likely flipping the Two spots till Fields proves he has matured and is ready for this level of action

If Eason has a decent year at Wash this season he will be a First rounder headed to the NFL most likely in front of Fromm . Not knocking Fromm or claiming Eason is better just that Eason checks the boxes the NFL is looking for with size and out this world arm strength

I picture most JR QBs jumping ship this season because of the QB talent level headed to the NFL after next season headlined by Lawerence