Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

What we learned about Georgia football prior to team's second scrimmage

SystemSystem Posts: 10,577 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageWhat we learned about Georgia football prior to team's second scrimmage

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. What we learned about Georgia football as second scrimmage approaches The Bulldogs have transitioned from

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 627 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Aggressive recruiting the past three years has put this team in a position to be really special the next few years. And, with this coaching staff and the way they coach them them up and recruit, this can certainly be a long, fun ride. I can’t wait to see them on the field against Vandy! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    NarcDaddyNarcDaddy Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

My take is that Zeus, Pickens and Cager will all be seeing SIGNIFICANT playing time by the Tenn  game in October. The top 3 level recruiting over the past few years has produced a roster of stars with HEART!

Just need to strengthen our D-Line a little!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I look forward to seeing the improvements the players make, but I also look forward to seeing Kirby step his game up on game day. So far, there's not a lot of difference between Smart and Richt when it comes to game/clock management. Just one example, last year, going into the half against UF with two TOs and having to settle for a FG with 6 seconds on the clock. As fans, we can always second guess play calling, but when an opponent is punting with over a minute left in the half and they are letting time run off to set up their punt unit, that's when the HC has to "do more" and be aware of the situation. That's not second guessing, that's expecting the HC to maximize opportunities! Love Kirby but the players are not the only ones who can improve from one year to the next!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,757 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nice article. Thanks.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm still waiting for a "Junkyard Dog" defense like Erk produced. The closest we've come was way back in the VanGorder days. I'm liking what we've got this year, however. Lots of likely strengths, unproven, of course.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I have been watching old games and I feel the one thing we have much much more of this year that we haven’t had as much of in years past is speed. Monty was the only LB last yr I felt played with speed in filling holes. This yr I’m hoping these new pups are flying around laying the smack! Also, based on the combine performances from this past yr, we should definitely be much faster on offense as well!