Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Dan Mullen: 'aged 10 years' during Florida's 24-20 win over Miami

SystemSystem Posts: 10,439 admin
edited August 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Dan Mullen: 'aged 10 years' during Florida's 24-20 win over Miami

Georgia football fans feel better about their chances of repeating in the SEC East Division after watching Florida struggle to beat Miami

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Teachbear88Teachbear88 Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

You need to change the photo caption to Florida coach, not Georgia coach.

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"Sloppy" football? No. "Inept" football is a better description! Also, how bad does Martel have to be to not have won Miami's QB skirmish? Obviously, neither QB is good enough to call it a battle! 10 sacks is bad, but almost all of them were on Williams for holding the ball too long.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That would be too much like proofreading! I know that first games can expose a lot of areas that need to be fixed by any team, but from what I was seeing Franks seemed to show no real improvement over last year and Florida is a horrible tackling team once running backs gets past the defensive line. Swift, Herrien and White should have a minimum 250 yards rushing on them. I hate the Gators and their fans! But, one game at a time starting with Vandy. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    ATDATD Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Good to hear that Coach Mullet aged 10 years last night. We can expect him to act like a 12-year-old child going forward.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

It being the first game of the season, I knew it would be a sloppy game and a great equalizer for Miami. The game should not have been that close. But it also proved to me that UF is not a top 10 team. Good luck Mullen. You're going to need it.

• Options
    FlallnaturalFlallnatural Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Its Week 0 but the Gators have a lot of work to do. A different team needs to show up to be competitive the rest of the year. Low key was hoping Franks would be better this year but so far he looks like same old himself. Causing 4 turnovers all by yourself? The rest of the team can be a work in progress but those things should be fixed up by now

• Options
    FlallnaturalFlallnatural Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

Martell was surprisingly mature and professional in tonight's game. Williams played as well as he could have considering that he had less than a second on almost every play on top of being thrown to the ground 10 times.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I wonder if "aging" is going to have anything to do with "maturing" in Mullen's case. Thank the Good Lord that caption in the photo is WRONG!!!!

• Options
    Dawg4LiFE34Dawg4LiFE34 Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Everyone is pointing to Miami’s offensive line giving up all those sacks or Florida’s defensive line being really good. It was more like Williams holding onto the ball way to long. Guaranteed Florida will not come anywhere close to 10 sacks against the big boys in the SEC. Florida better improve and improve fast or they’re looking at 8-4 at best. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Franks has to be one of the worst QBs I've ever seen in a Power conference. His release is terrible. I'm so glad he plays for FLA. I hope they do not see marked improvement between now and our meeting but also retain that #8 ranking.

• Options
    Swade40Swade40 Posts: 10 ✭ Freshman

We about to see what these DAWGS gone do .... Who cares bout them Gators ! It's lit !

• Options
    MACDAWGMACDAWG Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited August 2019

Too bad that Gillmore guy isn't posting about this game. I'm sure it was "all good" from his perspective.

Did everyone see Franks talking to the camera and then an assistant grabbing him before he could say anything else. You would never see Fromm doing a something like that.

Also, watching ESPN and Kirby's show, the Bear on that show picked Fla under 9 wins. Shocking!!!