Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Georgia QB Jake Fromm operating offense with hidden complexities

SystemSystem Posts: 10,496 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart: Georgia QB Jake Fromm operating offense with hidden complexities

Georgia football quarterback Jake Fromm has a lot on his plate with new receivers, a new coordinator and several complexities, coach Kirby Smart explained

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 363 ✭✭✭ Junior

we all know who the real Def Coord is LOL

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If Kirby won't explain all the complexities of offensive football that Jake seems to have a very good handle on, then DawgNation should interview some of the many OCs that comment on the DN blogs. I would like to understand myself why you would take snaps from a running game that is averaging almost 10 yards per carry up by 21+ points and throw the ball all over the field.

It may be me, but the most **** reason to risk letting an inferior opponent back into a game by risking turnovers in the passing game is to impress some high schoolers! For the first time in years we signed a five star WR in Pickens last year. Blaylock got screwed out of his fifth star. So, that's two that came to the Dawgs who must not have had the understanding of the OCs that like to criticize all things offense when it comes to Fromm, Coley, and Kirby!

Ignorance is definitely bliss since I can enjoy watching RBs running over, around, and through defenses on the way to 24 point conference wins!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

"'I'll give you three good reasons why you shouldn't pack in your passing game. Alabama, Alabama and only 9 points in 2 1/2 quarters against a second rate defense Saturday. I think those are 3 petty good reasons." Really? The Dawgs were playing a comparable opponent to Duke and had 21 points in three possessions. They didn't pack up their passing game, but they didn't go **** either.They did the smart thing and shortened the game by giving it the backs that averaged 8+ yards per carry for the game. Also, what was it that Fromm had? Two or three passes for 30+ yards, a fifty+ yard pass called back, and multiple targets to Pickens with one almost certainly a TD if not for defensive pass interference.

I'll agree that if the Dawgs have "...only 9 points in 2 1/2 quarters against a second rate defense...", and we are going to see several second rate defenses this year, we should see much more of the playbook. However, that was not the case Saturday.

By the way Fromm had the highest QB rating in the SEC this week. That includes Tua's game against a "second rate defense".!

Cane, I may not agree with you this time, but there's plenty of season left for agreements and/or spirited debate. Either way I enjoy it and respect your opinion! Go DAWGS!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Should it be a pass, should it be a run. UGA is known as RBU, so why should it be a pass?