Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football: Despite the attrition, Kirby Smart has his deepest team

SystemSystem Posts: 10,449 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football: Despite the attrition, Kirby Smart has his deepest team

This Georgia football team is plenty deep. That's even though a few major expected pieces have yet to shine or are no longer with the program.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGAGloryYearsGradUGAGloryYearsGrad Posts: 5 ✭ Freshman

Sorry Jeff but I didn't really like an article that calls out current players and saying they haven't contributed. These are college kids. The editor should have pulled the plug on this one.

• Options
    Billybob101Billybob101 Posts: 127 ✭✭✭ Junior

"The ones who do not have emote the wrong body language during the first game on the first college football game they suit up for when they don’t get meaningful reps." Jesus, Jeff, proofread, Please!!

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,267 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Not sure what you mean, @UGAAGLORYYEARSGRAD. This is actually one of Jeff's best articles. It was well-researched, well-told (grammatical errors notwithstanding) and timely. No one was "called out." He did a very methodical breakdown of who's playing and who's not, and what that has meant to the Georgia program. I don't think any of the kids who aren't playing are embarrassed. I believe CKS and the other coaches have made it abundantly clear what it takes to get on the field and they obviously haven't gotten there yet. Some may yet get there, some never will. But that's the nature of strong competition. I do agree with your statement that "these are college kids." Exactly. That means that they aren't babies. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    rtparkerivrtparkeriv Posts: 90 ✭✭✭ Junior

This shows that the quality from top to bottom of recent recruiting classes hasn’t been that different. Everybody comes in as a solid recruit, not just filler. Then player development takes over and evens them all out.

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 745 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Good stuff.... Says a lot about CKS as a coach if he can keep all these *'s happy and filling the pipeline. I dont want to hear any more of thie NC or Bust talk.

• Options
    ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 793 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Kirby's first two classes contained several guys who were reaches, and others who have been recruited over, but his successes in those two classes were huge, and have formed the foundation of his program. It is gonna be great to see how we transition into the 2020 and 2021 seasons when he won't have his stalwarts. It'll be the seasons where the new guys are the stars of the program.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Sometimes those 5 Star players are 5 Star players on paper only, and sometimes those 3 Star and even 2 Star player try harder. Jordan Davis, only a 3 Star plays like a 5 Star.