Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

UGA freshman George Pickens living up to 5-star hype in a hurry

SystemSystem Posts: 11,137 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageUGA freshman George Pickens living up to 5-star hype in a hurry

George Pickens may have set an unofficial recruiting record for being the fastest 5-star prospect to live up to the hype. The freshman sensation from Hoover, Ala., scored his first college touchdown in the second quarter of UGA’s game against Murray State on Saturday. The scoring reception wasn’t even Pickens’ best

Read the full story here

Comments

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That's what I'm talking about!

Pickens is another one I'm pulling for to help us get the NC!

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

Also had a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty called against him for tossing the ball at the opposing DB on a 1st down catch. I'm sure he'll learn a lesson from that this coming week. This kid has the potential to be the SEC Offensive Freshman of the Year if he can get the ball thrown his way often enough.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I believe CKS really likes Pickens. When he had that unsportsmanlike penalty-CKS appeared to be unusually calm in coaching him about his behavior. Hopefully Pickens has the humility required to reach his full potential and is not an Antonio Brown.

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Looks like Pickens is that receiver we needed to step up after Holliman's dismissal. He's going to have to learn how to keep his emotions under control and not do **** things (like throwing balls at people who taunt him), but if he can do that, it seems like few DB's will be able to stop him. Also, it looks as if the offense is going to get the tight end A LOT more involved this year, which seems like a good thing. I'm really impressed with Wolfe. Just got to fine-tune some things next week (and avoid injuries) and then it's on to Notre Dame and then the SEC schedule. Go Dawgs!

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm glad Pickens' unsportsmanlike penalty came against Murray State. He should have learned a valuable lesson in a low pressure game rather in a game where 15 yards of field position and a punt could turn the tide in a close game. He is destined to be a Dawg all time great if he keeps his head screwed on straight!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens is great, but needs to grow up quickly and get his emotions under control. I wish he would quit all that cocky showboating when he catches a pass. I bet 99% of football fans would agree and aren’t impressed with all the silly strutting and Superman poses. Maybe he needs to watch film of H. Walker scoring TDs to see how to do it with class.

• ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 975 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens is destined for greatness. I'm glad he will be a superstar playing for the Dawgs instead of the Barners.

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Played great at times, but throwing balls at opposing DB's on a 1st down catch, isn't Team Play. Also we don't need a chicken dance after a TD catch., I'm suprised that didn't get another penalty flag thrown his way.