Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

WATCH: 'Emotional' Georgia WR George Pickens growing into go-to role

SystemSystem Posts: 11,081 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH: 'Emotional' Georgia WR George Pickens growing into go-to role

Georgia coach Kirby Smart talks about tailoring an offense to get the ball to the playmakers, and freshman WR George Pickens certainly fits the bill

Read the full story here

Comments

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens did look like he's buying into the blocking assignments.

Seems like you don't see many receiver's who are willing to fully lay out for a pass these days. That shows me that he has grit. So many elite receivers are unwilling to do those things. Just get the emotions under control, and the sky is the limit.

• Louis8478Louis8478 Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

This young man, George Pickens, has so much potential. His athletic ability and skill set are off the charts. Throw in the willingness to do the unglamorous choir of blocking his butt off so his running back can gain extra yards is icing on the cake. If this was college basketball he would be considered a lottery pick base on these couple of games. His emotional side gives him an edge. He just has to learn how to direct it. Go Dawgs!

• Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

Is this the first appearance of "Fromm bomb?"

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kirby was the king of cool when Pickens came to the sideline after the penalty! Kirby wasn't dressing down his future star, but he was delivering a teaching moment. Pickens felt it was appropriate to put his arm around the coach's shoulder. Kirby was having none of that and calmly brushed George's hand away not upstaging his player but clearly getting the message across...when the clock is ticking, Kirby is the coach (teacher) and Pickens is the player (student). The student's one and only focus at that time was to pay attention and respect the teacher!

• BubbaBillBubbaBill Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Pickens is great, but needs to act like he’s made receptions and scored many times before. The hot-dogging impresses less than 5% of viewers.....the remaining wish he wouldn’t do that silly stuff. Watch H. Walker for tips on how to be humble and impress the fans after great plays.

• rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Quite frankly, I'm more impressed by what the coach has to say about his players. Just my opinion.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

That dude is a baller! Yes, I’d prefer he be humble, but if he’s going to be as good as we think he has the potential to be, I can live with the extra emotion.

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

CKS is always looking at the BIG picture. In order for this offense to be championship caliber, blocking by th eTE and receivers is critically important. CKS is not full of crap to make such statements about the impressive nature of a very young player's block that resulted in a TD. I would say CKS is very wise to always bring up the importance of blocking in all settings, to all media.

• Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,270 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited September 2019

I can hear Larry now...

Dawgs in the shotgun. 4 wide. Here's the snap. Fromm looking, looking. He's got George Pickens streaking down the sideline. Fromm gonna throw a long one. A long one. There he is! Yeeeeeeeaaaaahhhh! TD Dawgs! Just like that! 85 yards to the young receiver. My God almighty a freshman! Fromm laid it up there and the six four receiver went up and snatched it out of the sky away from the defender. Just like taking candy from a baby. Or even you, Loran Smith. 🤣

Dang I miss Munson!

GO DAWGS!

• tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Stay humble George, cool the emotions just a little bit. Against a better opponent those type of penalties could be the difference between winning and losing.