Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

How D'Andre Swift is 'trying to be the best running back in college football'

SystemSystem Posts: 11,137 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageHow D'Andre Swift is 'trying to be the best running back in college football'

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. D'Andre Swift off to a strong start to the 2019 season for Georgia football ATHENS — Mark Webb is proud of the

Read the full story here

Comments

• BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 646 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

D’Andre characterizes exactly what a DGD sounds like! Go Dawgs!

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Will Swift be back next year? I say yes........All he has to do is look at Michel and Chubb (Starting RBs in the NFL) versus Holyfield (Taxi squad for a bad team)

• LowcountryLowcountry Posts: 104 ✭✭✭ Junior

BoulderDawg, Swift will absolutely NOT be back next year. He'll be one of the first (if not THE first) running backs taken in the draft.

• HerschelsDailySoupHerschelsDailySoup Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

Keep the train rolling at RBU!

• DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with you @Lowcountry. Swift will not be back next year if he keeps doing what he's doing now. The biggest difference between him and Holyfield (well, actually two main ones) is that Swift has speed that Holyfield does not and, more importantly, Swift has produced on the field since his freshman year and has, basically, a three-year resume to show NFL types. Holyfield, on the other hand, sort of hopped to the forefront only last year and then overvalued himself and declared for the draft. I guarantee you that NFL execs see an ocean of difference between those two and they can't wait to get Swift in the league. You never know what would have happened this year, but in my heart of hearts, I believe that had Holyfield stayed at UGA, he would have been a second- or third-round pick in the draft, a position that would have all but assured him a roster spot on the team and, probably, actual playing time. He will NEVER admit he made a mistake or say he regrets his decision, but I believe he does. Go Dawgs!

• Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Watching Swift is candy to my eyes!

I distinctly recall the announcers of the UGA vs Vanderbilt game stating that Zeus averaged 1 touchdown for every 4 carries!!! That is mind-blowing if it is true.

Swift will absolutely be gone after this season. He is a first-round pick with an eye on the proverbial prize, aka NFL.

• ftworthdawgftworthdawg Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I love me some Andre Swift! The energy he brings to his runs, the capacity to take any run to the house is awesome. He represents the team in an excellent manner. I hope he gets to NY but I can't imagine him winning because we have to share the wealth. However, I hope he has outstanding games in the SECC and the two playoff games and secures himself a 1st round status.