Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Playing for Notre Dame like 'being on Broadway,' Irish ready for big stage

SystemSystem Posts: 10,483 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imagePlaying for Notre Dame like 'being on Broadway,' Irish ready for big stage

Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly compares the Irish and Georgia then and now, from 2017 to what he sees from the teams so far in 2019

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    BobRodesBobRodes Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman
    edited September 2019

Dang, Mike, you had to put a pic out there of the plug-ugliest one-off uniform in Notre Dame history? Shame on you. Bigger shame on Under Armour, though. :)

• Options
    MikeGriffithMikeGriffith Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I kinda liked those uniforms?

• Options
    BobRodesBobRodes Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

Well, fair enough. I don't seriously hate any of them, really, although this one is not one of my favorites. But they generally get second-to-last place (above those pinstripe Yankees uniforms from last year, which I actually rather liked) in fan votes for worst-looking Shamrock Series uniforms.

A bigger thing for me is that having one-off uniforms that differ so wildly from the usual one interferes with a team's brand identity. Not something I'm particularly fond of.

• Options
    DawgForLifeDawgForLife Posts: 24 ✭ Freshman

Pressure being a privilege is our line bud

• Options
    Silver_BritchesSilver_Britches Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

LOL Yeah, those unis in the photo are pretty awful looking. And I mean no disrespect. Just my opinion. Stick with the blue or white tops and gold pants. Regardless, still a little too plain looking for my liking, but those traditional ND unis are one of the most recognizable in all of college football. Same can be said for ours, which I absolutely love. Call me a homer all you want, but Georgia has some of the best looking unis of all. Our boys look sharp out there.

Here's to hoping we have an injury free, and enjoyable game with the Irish. And of course, another Georgia victory over them.

Hope all the ND fans have a safe and enjoyable time in Athens. Hope they leave with a loss too. :)

GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Did Kelly just telegraph who they will attempt to get the ball to this Saturday?! I believe he did.

I hope this is the coming out party for this UGA team. Regardless, this will be a very exciting game, one we will likely be talking about for years to come.

Big Game, Big Stage, What are these two teams made of?!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It's going to be a real treat to see Notre Dame line up across from Georgia between the hedges. Two historic programs in one of the best settings in all of college football.

I think the Irish fans who make the trip will thoroughly enjoy the city of Athens, as well as the stadium.

Looking forward to a great game. GOOOODAWGS!

• Options
    JimWallaceJimWallace Posts: 5,749 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The uniforms are fairly u g l y, but not in the Ug ly-ness League of our Ghetto Ranger uniform in the game we lost to Boise State. I'll cut ND some slack hoping they don't bring up old photos.

This should be an historic meeting between the hedges.

Go, Dawgs!

• Options
    MarkGelbartMarkGelbart Posts: 53 ✭✭ Sophomore

Notre Dame is a good team, but Georgia is stronger and faster and has more playmakers. Sanford Stadium will be tough on the road team, especially at night. I would not be surprised if this turns into a rout.