Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Jake Fromm, D'Andre Swift could possibly use Notre Dame game as Heisman springboard

SystemSystem Posts: 10,482 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageJake Fromm, D'Andre Swift could possibly use Notre Dame game as Heisman springboard

Both UGA stars have done enough to warrant consideration, and both have considerably more work to do in order to establish a serious Heisman candidacy. A high-profile showdown with Notre Dame could provide quite a launching pad for either player.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DGDinNYCDGDinNYC Posts: 748 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love you B.A. but I have a feeling it's time to put Fromm's candidacy to bed. I don't think Georgia is ever going to showcase the QB the same way they do the running game. Swift still has an outside chance but as much as I hate to say it Fromm's former back up is ahead of him at this point.

• Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

At this point I could see leaving Trevor Lawrence off the list and replacing him with (The player who remains nameless to me) form OSU. Pains me to say it BA.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

You must be sipping a little happy juice to even imagine Fromm has 1% chance of winning and Swift not being allowed to rack up massive yards early in the year against the lesser teams we have played only leaves him with a slightly better shot

Screw the personal awards lets just keep winning and heading to a national title

• Options
    PopeyethesailorPopeyethesailor Posts: 443 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The way Kirby rotates backs, I don't see UGA ever having another Heisman RB.  Swift can be dominating.  But if he only gets 20% of the carries, he won't get to be showcased.  The backs might not be too worked up about it.  If a back has 300 fewer carries in his college career and gets drafted high, he will have better longevity at the next level, which is where he is all wanting to be.  You never hear whining about this.  I think they have bought into Kirby's system and understand he wants what is good for his players and the team.  Heisman is nice.  But it doesn't win championships and doesn't always guarantee success at the next level. 

• Options
    AceDawgAceDawg Posts: 13 ✭ Freshman

First team All Americans and first round draft picks are the types of goals UGA players have. Heisman trophies go to heavy passing QBs and one headed rushing attack teams only.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The only award I want any Dawg to win this season is a National Championship Award.

• Options
    DawggyDawggy Posts: 346 ✭✭✭ Junior

Keep in mind UGA was a 14-point favorite in the Sugar Bowl this past January. We've lost 5 games the past 2 seasons, and in 3 of them we had superior talent. The other 2 we had equal talent. I'm just saying, Kirby isn't the best sideline coach in the business.

• Options
    ghostofuga1ghostofuga1 Posts: 9,042 mod

The past is the past. There is a learning curve, and a talent curve.....