Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Notre Dame fakes injury to stop UGA momentum

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited September 2019 in Article commenting

imageNotre Dame fakes injury to stop UGA momentum

Just as Georgia's offense started rolling on a drive a little more than halfway through the third quarter, Notre Dame halted the momentum. But the Irish's tactic to stop the Georgia offense was less than legitimate. After a 5-yard completion to Lawrence Cager on first-and-10 inside the red zone, quarterback Jake

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, the foldin’ Domers.

• Options
    BobRodesBobRodes Posts: 21 ✭ Freshman

In Notre Dame's defense, JOK was clearly limping and not able to recover right away, even though he was trying to. So "blatantly faked an injury" is a bit harsh. As for the second one, it looked pretty clear that Fromm's elbow caught Bilal in the eye.

I suppose we'll see what Kelly has to say about it, because I'm sure that someone will ask him.

• Options
    DawgOnDawgOn Posts: 265 ✭✭✭ Junior

There should be post-game repercussions for blatant violations such as these, or rules mean nothing. It is also a reflection of the coaching staff - head coach on down. I have no respect for cheaters, but those who teach young men barely out of high school? Is there anything less than no respect? I may be naive, yet I feel great feeling certain Kirby would never teach his players to win, or even attempt to win, dishonestly. This is the reason so many parents of elite recruits trust Kirby - they know Kirby cares enough about their kids that he would not teach them life lessons that would ultimately destroy them just to win a game that, in the big picture, will never amount to more than winning a game - plain and simple.

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

So, if you can't make it in football, try acting, maybe they heard there's going to be a remake of RUDY!

• Options
    PacesetterPacesetter Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Unsportsmanlike conduct, plain and simple.

• Options
    VenomGAVenomGA Posts: 360 ✭✭✭ Junior

Bush league plays by ND. Have some class people and try to stop the team. Penalties should have been called on BOTH plays.

• Options
    pippin888pippin888 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭ Junior

Coach sponsored unsportsmanlike conduct shows kelly's character. If he can't teach his team how to win He'll teach them how to cheat.

• Options
    Tailgater1951Tailgater1951 Posts: 33 ✭✭ Sophomore

If injuries were legitimate, then you make your way to the sideline instead of ruining momentum for other team. No room for flopping--I thought ND had more class than that.