Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Where does Georgia football rank nationally this year? The stats are telling

SystemSystem Posts: 10,478 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageWhere does Georgia football rank nationally this year? The stats are telling

Ready to see what the stat sheet says about Georgia football? The cold hard truths have been updated after five weeks of the 2019 season. Where do the Bulldogs stand?

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MacroDawgMacroDawg Posts: 50 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Numbers don't lie, unless you use a crooked pencil lol

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I've said it before, and I will say it again - Stats are for losers. If you look at Georgia's NATIONAL rankings we don't look that impressive AT ALL. However, our SEC rankings are pretty good - not great.

So which rankings do you go with if you are a 'statistics guy'???

The proof will be in the pudding, but I can tell you one thing: We will NOT even make it to the playoffs unless we start playing less conservatively and more aggressively and wide open.

• Options
    ScoreCheckScoreCheck Posts: 974 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Austin Peay? I guess I must've missed that game this year. : )

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

A lesser known quote on statistics from Mark Twain:

"Statistics are like ladies of the evening. Once you get them, you can do anything you want with them."

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

THe only thing that stopped UGA from beating BAMA the last wo years was taking the ball out of Jake's hand's when he was throwing lights-out, (no killer instinct)they got the lead and tried to sit on it. Clemson learned from our mistakes. Sitting on the score and being conservative is fine if your defense is primo and your opponent's offense isn't that prolific.

UGA's defense has been more bend but don't break in those two years. We have some good D-lineman up front but no monsters(not yet). UGA will give up some points against the better teams in the passing game . Opponents will load the box and try to take away the run. THats fine as long as the game is tight, we can wear them down with the run, my fear is some team is going to jump out by 2-3 scores and then the play action stuff and the run all goes away.

Yes, we did comeback on Oklahoma, but we all know that was one for the ages. Before we get to the Auburns or Floridas, we need our receievers to have enough catches under their belts to where they know they can, not hope they can. I think we can all see where College Football is heading in the passing game. THe old days of three yards and a cloud of dust are over. Jake by all accounts is an outstanding QB, to be in the middle-of-the pack in passing yardage in the SEC with a third-year first -round NFL QB is a waste of his talent IMO.