Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Fromm continues to set the standard as Dawgs look for more consistency

SystemSystem Posts: 10,514 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageFromm continues to set the standard as Dawgs look for more consistency

Georgia bounces back from a slow start for a convincing win, but there are still a lot of things that need fixing.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

What is the definition of "opening it up" that will make the moaners happy? Virtually every losing coach I hear on any given Saturday says, "We've got to run the ball better." It's not just the losing coaches. I've heard Saban say the same thing this year! Jeez! Keep up the great work Kirby and staff and GO Dawgs!

• Options
    Dawg50Dawg50 Posts: 14 ✭ Freshman

You have guys with 3 an 4 years making silly mistakes. This has got to be clean up. These players should be past making these mistakes. LeCount

needs to take care of the pass game first before commiting to stopping the run. These players are great, don't get me wrong, I know i am not telling you anything you don't know. We expect a lot out of you and we are getting it. Thanks for letting the fans express concerns. Great game. Keep up the good work. Goo Dawgs

• Options
    davidcrispdavidcrisp Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman

I have definitely noticed a difference in how Zeus ran in this game compared o early in the season. The kid is a beast! I wonder why he's not getting more playing time? Maybe Kirby is saving him for Fla, Auburn and the playoffs'?

• Options
    davidcrispdavidcrisp Posts: 4 ✭ Freshman
  • Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Good synopsis Bill. Our defense - specifically our secondary- has got to play better and be more consistent. We also need even more of a pass rush. 3 sacks are nice but against high flying pass teams like Bama, Clemson, or LSU, we've got to get constant pressure and more 'Havoc'. We've got the depth to continually rotate guys in so more stunts, more blitz disguises. The penalties are inexcusable and can't be tolerated in bigger games.

We'll keep improving and moving forward. GO DAWGS!!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, just as I thought, Ohio State is sharing the No. 3 slot now with a not that great yet UGA football team. Struggling with a 1-3 team for a half is not the stuff of a SEC Championship team much less "Natty." At this juncture, UGA, I do not believe, could beat Florida...possibly not even Auburn..certainly not LSU or Alabama.

Something is wrong in the first half of almost every game...coaching, motivation, leadership? Sophmoric mistakes. Come on Coach Smart you were hired for just this reason...to win championships!! You jumped into the stands at the end of this game in utter RELIEF as if you pulled another rabbit out of the hat. You have the best recruits in the nation...close. What is the problem? Make some radical changes. Do something or we Dawg alums ain't gonna be happy come December.

I like Jake Fromm but he is not good enough for Heisman consideration. That ship sailed...in my opinion. Never should have let Fields get away....Ohio State is now knocking on the door of top one or two in country...he is Heisman material.

Take it from an old grad who has seen a game or two!!! Just blowing off some steam.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Eric_CEric_C Posts: 78 ✭✭✭ Junior

Now that was some great running by Brian Herrien! We got to see his potential vs Texas in the Sugar Bowl, and I'm really encouraged by how he looked vs TN, especially on the long run. If he can continue to play with second effort like he did Saturday, it will make the running game that much more dangerous to the opponents. After this game, teams are seeing that this is not just about Swift with Zeus and Herrien showing what they can do...and that is much to the Dawgs' benefit going forward.

Also, what a freaking great pass by Fromm to Swift on the second drive. The UT crowd was going crazy with the Dawgs teetering on giving the ball back without an answer to the previous long TD pass, and Fromm was running out of options when he found Swift down the sideline. If that had been Nix or Trask, they would have been eating the turf. While in the big picture, it wasn't big, that is the kind of play that ensures Fromm will be playing Sundays, and Swift too for that matter. It only led to 3 points, but if the Dawgs were stopped on that series without points, the situation could have become much tougher.