Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia's Kirby Smart speaks bitter truth after 20-17 OT loss to South Carolina

2»

Comments

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

When our receivers are in one-on-one coverage all day because SC was selling out to stop the run and still didn't get any separation, when the "best OL in the country" can neither open up space for the RBs nor protect the QB, and when the TEs are practically invisible, there was going to be problems even without the TOs! This reminds me of the Tide losses to Ole Miss a few years ago. Now, we get to see what this team is made of!

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Fact: uga is more talented than any team we are scheduled to play.

reality: heart wins games.

• BetheredgeBetheredge Posts: 197 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby was the savior we all wanted. I'm not a Richt disciple but let's compare wins during the first four years for Richt & Smart:

Year one: 8 wins each

Year two: 13 wins each.

Year three: 11 wins each,

Year four thru six games: 5-1.

The scary part is based on recruiting rankings, Smart has more talent on the second string than Richt had on the entire team. The only thing that kept Richt out if the CFP in year two is we had the BCS!!! Deja Vu.

Losing to Bama or Clemson is one thing. Losing to a bad Carolina team at home that Bama stomped 47-23 is a disaster. How this team finishes the rest of the season is critical for the programs future.

• Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I think we just ran the ball up the middle again! Apparently the toss sweep or running outside the tackles has been made illegal! Coley sux. South Carolina tried its best to give us the game. Officials bailed our butts out. We still find a way to blow it.

• johnchappelljohnchappell Posts: 66 ✭✭✭ Junior

I had a bad feeling from the beginning when I noticed all of the low snaps back to Fromm while in the shotgun. The entire team and coaches seemed out of sync.

• latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

The more passes Fromm throws the more likely Georgia will lose and that's just based on the numbers through his career

• EricDawgs1EricDawgs1 Posts: 602 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Bunch of fake ass fans on here

• kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I still believe that if the perfect coach was a 100 piece puzzle, Smart has 95 of them perfected. But the missing 5 are what keeping us from starting a new dynasty. EVERY team has a bad half... but the best make adjustments and come back as a "new team" and dominate,. I keep going back to the Bama vs UGA game where we dominated the first half and then Saban put in Tuo and they dominated us. What does Saban do during halftimes to get his team to change? Whatever it is, Smart needs to do that because we were flat in the 2nd half too. So close, but sooo far.

• SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

The Georgia people that are out there spending thousands of dollars traveling to road games and getting up early (when the coach asks for it) deserve better than what they got on this day. That was unacceptable.

• FredBearFredBear Posts: 232 ✭✭✭ Junior

If Smart didn't say that this is the worst coaching staff since the Ray Goff era he wasn't telling the truth. 5 star talent being coached down to 2 star performances. Unacceptable but UGA will likely give him a raise and an extension. 40 years and counting

• SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Wow! Give Carolina credit, their only chance was to play almost a perfect game and that's exactly what they did.