Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football loss to South Carolina isn't a season-ender, but it could be season-defining

SystemSystem Posts: 10,448 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football loss to South Carolina isn't a season-ender, but it could be season-defining

ATHENS — Georgia kicker Rodrigo Blankenship has never missed an extra point in his Georgia career. He made a rather clutch one in the closing minutes of the Georgia-South Carolina to tie the contest at 17. But as Georgia was finishing warmups prior to the game, Blankenship doinked an extra point. It was the last

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Nothing to see here folks, Kirby Smart is Richt 2.0, Jake Fromm is Aaron Murray 2.0 and the UGA culture rolls on towards continuing to be mediocre.

• Options
    GoodLifeGoodLife Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

I agree with the headline, but after yesterday, it is difficult to put things into perspective in this wild game called football. Watching LSU & UF duke it out last nite and watching their explosive offenses execute, it boggles the mind how inept we were yesterday and how it is even remotely possible we can match up with either team. Truth is - we can. We have the ability, we have the talent, we have the depth, etc. We just need the coaching from the top.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Game was hard to watch with all of the "miscues" by the Georgia offense. Possibly the ugliest, and most disappointing defeat I've seen as a 50+ year fan.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Disappointing and unexpected defeats haunt this Georgia football program and have for decades. We're always hyped up and overrated. We haven't been able to finish the drill since 1980. And then that was only once.

Maybe we can pull off a miracle and win the next 7+ games becoming a National Champion - since that IS the goal. But, I think the chances of that happening are about the same as South Carolina beating us at home...slim.

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

This team laid more eggs yesterday than the chickens in my backyard.

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The article makes multiple references to there being 4 turnovers, with the list omitting Fromm's fumble on the last play in regulation. Was that retroactively ruled an incompletion? In the replay it looked to me like an empty hand going forward.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

How do you spell....Swan Song. I forgot Missouri....that will likely mean four losses.

Time for Kirby to step away and be a line coach again for someone else....before the program begins to lose recruits and backs down to Vandy status. I know UGA is going to experience some de-commits. Cannot blame them...Look at Justin Fields...top of the world and on his game at winning Ohio State...**** decision by Smart. He needs to change his surname. But, as a disgruntled alum...GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SaltWaterDawgSaltWaterDawg Posts: 2 ✭ Freshman

Gators will take us to the woodshed.