Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

South Carolina rip off pieces of UGA's sacred hedges to celebrate upset

SystemSystem Posts: 10,493 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageSouth Carolina rip off pieces of UGA's sacred hedges to celebrate upset

South Carolina took some souvenirs after the team’s historic upset of UGA. Numerous Gamecock players did some property destruction in the aftermath of the unranked team’s stunning 20-17 upset over the No. 3-ranked Bulldogs. They grabbed parts of UGA’s sacred hedges and paraded with the souvenirs on the way to the

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    ItchyZItchyZ Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Actually...it was not an upset at all. So humiliating to see hedges in the teeth of SC players....I have had it with UGA! Until UGA athletic director ...very suspect.....comes up with a solid winning HEAD coach..not a line coach..UGA will remain mediocre. Fan base will dwndle to nothing...that means $$$$ lost. I used to be a very solid fan...no longer. I even traveled with the team back in my UGA day as a photographer....lot more spirit back then. More solid team players. Not so many Fromms, etc. who think they are better than they really are. This was not just a bad day...it has been simmering for some time. You witnessed the real UGA finally standing down. Smart's comment...we need to get better. What? This from a coach who makes millions of UGA dollars!!!

Oh what could have been......

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let it sink in.... we got beat by a team that was 2-3 before today

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    mikeshuemikeshue Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

Muschamp, McClendon, and Brown have no respect for their alma mater. The Hedge Affair will be remembered by everyone. SC outplayed Georgia's vaunted offensive line. This game in the future just gained more prominence.

• Options
    SouthGeorgiaEagleSouthGeorgiaEagle Posts: 8 ✭ Freshman

Georgia needs to start charging a fine for everyone who destroys the hedges and it shouldn't be a slap on the fist fine. And Georgia should start respecting other opponent properties.

• Options
    rjallenrjallen Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

First, Coach Mushamp and staff did a great job prepping his team. We were outplayed, out coached. Hope we learn from this. I can excuse young players, mostly juveniles acting the fool on Dooley field.

But I cannot, will not excuse, overlook or forgive three former Bulldog players AND coaches, especially Will Muschamp. Why does he not tear up CKS's lake home. Thuggish behavior by men who should know better. I agree, Georgia should send MUSCHAMP the bill.

• Options
    fshrmnglffshrmnglf Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Coach Will Muschamp confirms what I have suspected for a long time. He is Classless. How could he allow and approve of his players' destroying the sacred hedges on the field that was his home field when he played for UGA?🤮