Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football favored to bounced back impressively against Kentucky

SystemSystem Posts: 10,518 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football favored to bounced back impressively against Kentucky

Georgia football will be looking to get its offense in gear against a Kentucky team coming off its best win of the season

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

27 points? Really? Must've not watched Saturday's game.. Kentucky is just as dangerous as Carolina. You can bet they'll be ready come Saturday, hope the DAWGS are as well..GoDAWGS!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

You know what would wash the bad taste from last Saturday's game away? A good, old fashioned beat down of an inferior opponent. Unfortunately, GA hasn't shown the ability to do that to a Power 5 school yet this season. Yes we whipped up on Murry and Ark State, but even lowly Vandy was not as convincing as it should have been. Another thing that could make it more fun for the team (and the recruits) would be to go ahead and break out the black jerseys for the night game. Why not? We could use a little extra motivation to whip their butts. When else would we wear them this season? It would be better to have the black-out coming in undefeated, but we are where we are. I am sure Kirby is in no mood to think about it right now, but come later this week, perhaps his thoughts will change. #homecomingblackout

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

My writing fingers hurt, so all I will pen is ....I will accept no polls of favoritism with the upcoming KY game...no more words...DAWGS...PROVE IT. Stop the excuses and PROVE TO US you can win again against anybody! Period!!!

Smart says he doesn't listen to critics.....well, he better change that bit of hubris quickly or it will bite him again.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

I 'll get bashed for this, but here ya go. Yes, I think Kirby has done a lot of great things and upgraded the talent, But we fired a guy who prepared and played this brand of football. The Athletic Assoc had spent, along with mostly contributions, to spend 150 mil in upgrades, and we have the largest recruiting budget in college football.......And Kirby hires 2 unknowns as Coordinators. I think so he call control EVERYTHING. Kirby, you also got a 7 mil dollar contract per year. Better hire some pros and let them do their job

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree...It almost makes me feel bad for wanting Chaney gone. I guess it's Kirby wanting to control it. Coley can't even speak to the media? Is that typical for an OC?

Speaking of possibly getting bashed, after seeing Fields play for OSU (I don't like the way he left UGA), maybe Fields saw that he would never get the opportunity to play like he can. Obviously, there was something that Fields wasn't doing at UGA, but during the game Saturday the thought hit me that maybe Kirby just wanted control and Fields just wouldn't be the game manager that he wants.

I'm still optimistic that we can get this fixed, but this wasn't a loss to Auburn on the plains or LSU in Red Stick, this was WAYYYYYY different. And it comes almost a year to the day that we lost to LSU last year.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I agree with most of your post, except the black jerseys.

UGA should NOT need a gimmick to get motivated, and to me that's what the black jerseys are. Sorry, I'm just old fashioned that way.

Focus on the fundamentals. I'm not expecting us to lay another egg, but we're talking 18-22 year olds, and I don't want the black jerseys to cause a pile on if we don't play our best.

BTW, I have NEVER liked the Falcons switch to black uniforms. To me it makes them look like outlaws or bad guys.

• Options
    GtheGreekGtheGreek Posts: 946 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Why don't "big time college contracts" include a clause stating that upon each loss every member of the coaching staff will forfeit 10% of their salary to charity...I guarantee the game plan, play calls, and coach inspired team motivation would be off the charts.