Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart: Georgia football injuries added up in loss to South Carolina

SystemSystem Posts: 10,446 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageKirby Smart: Georgia football injuries added up in loss to South Carolina

Georgia coach Kirby Smart didn't use injuries as an excuse for the shocking upset to South Carolina, but some noteworthy Bulldogs were knocked out of the game by the Gamecocks

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dear Kirby,

Do More!

sincerely,

the Fans

• Options
    JoeFannJoeFann Posts: 170 ✭✭✭ Junior

Any issues with Cleveland or Mays? Saw a lot of Salyer in the second half. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Is this Georgia’s destiny? Are we destined to have head coaches who coach not to lose rather than play to win with the heart of a champion? This is becoming unbearable to watch! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I said it all venomga

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

The way Kirby made it sound....the water person was next in line to play!!!! Come on...you lost to a better team. Period. Own it and move on. Let's hope we're not playing a reprise of SC next week against a very inferior KY team. But we now know UGA can lose even to inferior teams, don't we. Say nothing of Florida, that did an outstanding job against LSU but LSU wore them down finally in a real war!! UGA has little chance against Florida..I am not afraid to say it. Even Auburn smells Georgia blood. Unless there is a miracle worker somewhere waiting to jump in the fray for UGA...I predict three losses...at least.....possible a loss in the bowl game. Sorry, but Smart is not playing good football and it is obvious to everyone. I will be rooting them on just the same.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    E_RocE_Roc Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

The headline (or at least its implications) is not consistent with the first sentence, which frames the content of the article. Anyway, it's good to know Smart didn't lean on that excuse. Yes, this list is pretty extensive. Even still, go ahead and take all those players out of the equation; a relatively mediocre performance from the team that remains would have been good for a 2 touchdown win against South Carolina.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,791 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Next man up, that's what all those 4*&5* players were recruited for. Lest we forget, Carolina had injuries also.. Didn't seem to affect their performance too much.

• Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Fromm is the "only" QB on the roster and the only one in sight. Isn't it kind of mysterious that two great QBs were ran off without being given a chance? When Eason hit Ridley with that long long touchdown pass against Tenn. I thought we had another Matt Stafford. Then, once he was injured he was never given another chance. I wonder if he had been coach would Smart have run off Stafford. There's some strange "going-ons" at UGA these days.

• Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Well, that's what he says, "Fromm won't get us beat."