Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Kirby Smart explains reasons behind 'disappointing' offensive line performance against South Carolin

2»

Comments

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mays has missed multiple blocks the past 3 games where he just flat looked silly maybe its the soph jinx thing going who knows but I have no idea how he is staying a starter other than injuries

All that being said an OC with a game plan that gets 10 men out the box would be a big boon to any OL and help the running game. Teams are loading the box to stop the run and daring Fromm to win with the passing game …. He pulled it out against ND not so much against SC and its scary to think against teams like FL and Aub and even TX AnM that can match up decently against the athletes on the outside what the outcome of those games will be

I fully understand how Cooley wasn't kept around at FL St ….. end arounds , screens and 5-7 yard passes with a few runs mixed in truly don't make a complex offense. I don't care if you label it a Run pass option or what ever its still a joke of a system. It will look amazing against weaker teams and will be exploited against good defenses ….. CBs will continue to sit on routes and jump the short Fromm passes knowing no double move deep passes are coming (that's exactly what happened on the first interception against SC)

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,141 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yawn......more of the same from Kirby. He is logical for sure. He is pragmatic for sure. We gotta get better...for sure. Note that he has not put together a solid, inspired team. No real energy. Andre' even talks like he would rather be somewhere else. It is ON the coaches. Stop defending Coley. Good grief....the guy ever use crayons in grade school or draw a picture once on a while, use any sort of creativity...he hasn't on the playing field either. What the heck is going on with UGA! Excuses! speaking in bromides. "Gotta do better" mentality....what do you mean Kirby....gotta lose by less points? KY will run you off the field if you repeat last week's sloppy performance.

This is nerve wracking! Get on that field Saturday and WIN and BIG! Stop whining about injuries, etc. All teams have injuries...is Alabama still winning? Yes. They have injuries. LSU have injuries,? OSU? ALL teams have injuries.....and they have a plan that keeps them winning! The bucks stops at the coaching. You beat Notre Dame, now they are ahead of you in the polls??? You did not have a bad day last weekend....it was the culmination of building symptoms that finally ground down to the cause...coaching.

Probably spinning my wheels. I love UGA or I would not even bother. I am an older alum but still an alum.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

I'm not saying we shouldn't have won convincingly, but SC beat UK 24-7, and since Hilinski stepped in, SC looked like they've been turning around.

I think this caught UGA off guard. I don't know that it will catch FU off guard, but I hope SC beats them up good in Columbia.

SC really hung with Alabama for a while...maybe Saban underestimated them too, but he made the right adjustments to win.

• Options
    williewolfwilliewolf Posts: 58 ✭ Freshman

Fred, I thought it was Barney Rubble while Fred's at Carolina. Dino? He's at Alabama