Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

WATCH Kirby Smart break down Georgia offensive keys: 'It's simple'

SystemSystem Posts: 10,504 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageWATCH Kirby Smart break down Georgia offensive keys: 'It's simple'

Georgia football coach Kirby Smart patiently repeated the keys to his offense executing properly on Tuesday, explaining that turnovers negated other positives

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I know the turnovers hurt us. That almost goes without saying. But still, there were several times when SC just flat stopped us. And we were in 3rd down situations a whole lot more than I thought we should have been given our prowess. Just because you don't turn the ball over doesn't mean you would have necessarily scored.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If I remember right, we were 9/18 on 3rd down conversions. SC was 5/18.

We had 18 3rd down plays. 18!

When the opposing defense has a very good idea what play you're going to run, you can try and execute all you want, but the odds are not good.

• Options
    SWDawg68SWDawg68 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Let me first say, I am not a coach at the D1 level, lord knows that is a totally different animal! But, you knew this was coming..............They are trying to (Stay, Keep, Maintain) utilize the same offensive scheme that was intended for a team 4 years ago, we are a totally different team. We do not have a TE that can block 90% of the time as well as a guard and then when it matters, go out and flag down a grossing or go route in the middle of traffic. Woerner and Wolf are prototype "Pro Style" TEs, they are not built to take on 6' 5' DEs or quick enough to get to the weak side on anything up the middle. We did have Issac Nauta who went in the 7th round of the NFL draft and is on the practice squad, but none the less, he is the type of tight end that works in a pro style offense .

When you think you are going to shove the ball down your opponents throat and the defense just shows up, with there Seniors getting playing time over Fresh and Soph, that are freaks of nature, you better realize that there are quite few challenges in front of this team, that does not, (I finally get to my point), have an identity or utilizing the best personnel for what you know they need to do. I know it effects recruiting, but so does losing to a SC team at home, for me that is bottom of the barrel.

I have heard and seen the talking heads trying to provide direct relationship to CMR's tenure and his record and his inability to change, BS, Coach Smart is different because he realizes that to do nothing means more in the loss column......and for him that is not acceptable.

Hold onto your hats boys and girls this is going to be a defining moment for UGA Football. I believe they can and will make the changes required to win!!!!!!!

• Options
    GODAWGS70GODAWGS70 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore

Kirby, wake up and smell the roses...............change needs to start at the top and ,permeate downward..........as long as the coaching continues to lack creativity, adequate game planning, and inability to motivate ............we will just continue to under perform !!!!!!!

• Options
    GODAWGS70GODAWGS70 Posts: 27 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • Options
    bull68dawgbull68dawg Posts: 809 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think we need to do more than win the last two minutes

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Typical coach speak. I like CKS and will be still rooting for him , but I fear things will have to get a bit worse before he smells the coffee or looks into mirror.

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited October 2019

If you watch "Film don't lie" and re-watch the game, you will see open receivers almost every play. But Fromm didn't look their way and made contested throws. From the 50 yard line with 25 seconds left in the first half, Fromm had D-rob beating his man on the right hash for a touchdown, where the single safety was he couldn't have recovered. However Fromm doesn't have the arm strength to make that throw when he saw it and took a sack. He wouldn't have needed a "Stafford" arm though if Cade Mays hadn't gotten bull rushed and abused by Kinlaw or Trey "slow feet" Hill could have gotten over to help Mays. There were literally 13 instances that I found where Pickens, D-ROB, Swift, and Simmons were open and Fromm didn't see it and threw the ball to Wolf, Woerner, or a contested throw down the sidelines

• Options
    Tom1111Tom1111 Posts: 179 ✭✭✭ Junior

If it was so simple, why weren’t adjustments made Saturday during the game ?

• Options
    Classof98Classof98 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭ Junior

2-minute? Maybe if Kirby wasn't so preoccupied by the last two minutes of each half, we wouldn't come out so flat in the first 28 minutes of the game.

The first 28 minutes count too, coach.