Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Former 13-year NFL veteran quarterback: 'Georgia is done'

SystemSystem Posts: 7,421 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageFormer 13-year NFL veteran quarterback: 'Georgia is done'

Georgia football can still reach the College Football Playoffs by winning out, but analysts are starting to bet against the Bulldogs because of their receiving corps issues

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

100% accurate, and it devastates me. I was really concerned about WR position preseason. Folks kept saying we'd be fine... but we are not fine. Our best players are grad transfers and true freshmen. That's just not a good place to be in. Attrition and injuries have surgically hit us in this spot. It's so sad because all the other pieces seem to be in place for a good run.

• Options
    jamboogiejamboogie Posts: 188 ✭✭✭ Junior

OK so maybe the WR's are suspect but do we not have TE's or RB's that can catch a pass. I would rather have a catch for fiver rather than a run for one.

• Options
    diesel_7diesel_7 Posts: 79 ✭✭✭ Junior

And in addition to receivers not being able to get open, our O-line is not being aggressive. What's the meaning of 'offense'? It means you should be on the offensive, meaning as an O-linemen you should get the push on the D-linemen & control the line of scrimmage, opening the holes where they are designed to be. But our O-linemen are being defensive, they are reacting to what the other team is doing. I suspect because of their size they are not quick enough to get the jump on their opponent. This is why our RB's are getting stuffed at the line. This is the downside to having such big players on the O-line, you always need to have some undersized, if you will, smaller, O-linemen (like David Andrews).

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 259 ✭✭✭ Junior

Well, we’ll see if our team can prove him (and many others) wrong. It’s hard to argue his point though. I’m anxious to see how the team responds.

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Agree. Another reason we've got to start using our tight ends more on quick slants and passes over the middle.

• Options
    1SICemDAWGS11SICemDAWGS1 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Never heard of the guy, he must be really good.. A 13 year bench warmer 💪

• Options
    joelljoell Posts: 34 ✭ Freshman

Joe Burrow & Kyle Trask completed many passes Saturday night without "receiver separation." Maybe UGA coaches, Fromm & receivers should review the film & see how its done.

• Options
    FrankDGFrankDG Posts: 7 ✭ Freshman

Orlovsky is dead on. Jake is having to throw into tight windows and almost every throw is contested. The coaching staff is going to have to create some space in the routes. It's a recipe to punish a quarterback. The receivers also cost two picks when Landers turned the wrong way and when Simmons muffed an easy catch and tipped the ball to a defender.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Hope are coach's know, with that game on tape " out there", we don't just line up and try to " out talent" our foe. We have twice the talent as Carolina.. Scary how " out coached " the Dawgs were. I wouldn't go radical and come out in the wishbone, but they better come up with a plan that's not so predictable on offense. We have weapons, just need to get out of our scripted comfort zone and put a defense on their heels, Sweeps, slants, short curls, reverses....something different.

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Dan is spot-on. He was spot-on during the game. I must admit I was wrong about our WR group. Before the season, when almost everyone seemed to lament how shaky our WR were, I kept saying they would be fine, nothing to worry about. Well, I was wrong. There is a lot to worry about and unfortunately, I don't think it can be fixed in a week or two or even this month. We'll beat UK just because, lose to Florida bc they can do what SC did to us, but a whole lot better, probably beat Mizzou because I think they really will wear down, probably lose to Auburn because their offense will overwhelm us and maybe beat Texas A&M, although I'm not sure -- and I've seen them play. Then we'll come back and wonder what went wrong, how a season that was supposed to be a lock for the CFP ended up in Tampa or Orlando or Jacksonville. And then we'll look out next year, as seniors and third-year players make haste for the NFL and realize that the little window for a National Championship that was opened under Chubb and Michel, has now shut and CKS is going to have to start all over!

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 741 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

"Coaches need to create space in routes".... Its not like they are looking for space in zone coverages.... D's are in Man coverage... receivers have to create the space. via speed, physical strength or moves.... unfortunantly a lot of this ability comes thru experience and tough to get consistently from Fr receivers. Tough problem to solve but i think this guy is dead ON. Hope we can have someone (or two) step up.

• Options
    Dawg4lyfDawg4lyf Posts: 21 ✭✭✭ Junior

I'm not quite ready to bury us in the cemetery just yet. A traveling unknown watching the worst game we have played is basing our entire existence on that one game. Yes, we need to work with our receivers on their ability to separate and be physical...but we still have a smart, experienced QB, one of the most talented offensive lines and stable of RBs out there, not to mention the defense gave up 1 TD. Our guys had a bad game - it happens. Getting knocked down will not define them...what happens when they get up will...

• Options
    ByrdManByrdMan Posts: 66 ✭✭ Sophomore

Reading the comments this week have been troubling. It is true that the team did not play well and yes they should have easily beat South Carolina but to analyze every phase of the team and find fault is ridiculous. The most concerning offensive issue to me is receivers not being able to create space. Many times Jake had enough time but no-one could get open. The offensive line did not dominate the line enough to run the ball but had better success in pass protection. My guess is that last Saturday was a wakeup call and the players will respond well.