Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football on 'life support?' Don't tell that to Bulldogs OL Cade Mays

SystemSystem Posts: 10,569 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football on 'life support?' Don't tell that to Bulldogs OL Cade Mays

Georgia offensive lineman Cade Mays remains confident in himself and his teammates, even as critics have taken swipes at the program

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,154 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

This old Dawg has heard this before from Smart: "Only one team has won the SEC East championship with a perfect record in the last 15 years"...that is not hope...that is an excuse to lose. It may well be fact, but you do not tell your team that as a reason to press on. You stop with all excuses and rationale and coach your team to play to its max. not to someone else's strength. If UGA fires on all cylinders, they should swamp KY. UGA should control the lines of scrimmage and the sky as well as turf. That is the team I saw early on...then the injuries, miscues, penalties...sophomoric mistakes that should not happen to a top (then) 3 team, began to surface. The Dawgs became just another over-hyped team in ONE game!!! They had close calls in others, but this was the pivotal game.

SC game dropped UGA to 10th...both polls...why 10th? They saw a chink in the stonewall front line , etc. and moved them to 10th to plummet them if they lose to KY out of the top 20 and any consideration for anything. Therein lies my concern! Everyone is waiting to see who the Dawgs really are??? I am too.

• Options
    latemodelraylatemodelray Posts: 155 ✭✭✭ Junior

Mays has missed simply whiffed on several blocks two games in a row

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yep...I want to see the Mays show up that threw the Arkansas State player around like a rag doll.

• Options
    tvradioguytvradioguy Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Ok, with all due respect to Cade Mays, exactly WHO thinks after the way they have played the past few games that Georgia has one of the best , if not the best offensive lines in the country? I realize that MIke may have recycled an old quote from Mays, but it's important to note that an OL that allows 3 sacks to their QB in a game, and cannot open holes for their RBs - especially in must have, short yardage situations, this is not an elite OL. The latest example of this happened against an unranked S.C. team. Yes, I know there have been injuries, but all we have been told is how much depth there is on this OL. It is time to man up and impose your will on the opponent in front of you.