Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Social media critical of Georgia offense as players take to Twitter to preach patience

SystemSystem Posts: 10,538 admin
edited October 2019 in Article commenting

imageSocial media critical of Georgia offense as players take to Twitter to preach patience

Georgia picked up a 21-0 win over the Kentucky Wildcats on Saturday night. But it was far from a ho-hum game, as the Georgia offense had plenty of people talking after the game. And very little of it was positive. Despite playing in a constant downpour many were upset with the offensive performance that saw Georgia

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited October 2019

Folks, the criticism was deserved. Remember, this is a KY team that was MUCH worse than last year's team and played a QB that EVERYONE in the stadium knew was going to run the ball. We still couldn't stop him much of the night. Sure, they didn't score, but we didn't score until the 2nd half. Our OL was manhandled the 1st half, and we couldn't make a 4th and less-than-one. You can't blame our lack of productivity on the weather. No way.

We have no spark, no focus, and are playing not to lose and as if we are just going through the motions. Swift is the ONLY reason we won yesterday.

Our goal is a National Championship. We have fallen short of that goal every single year despite Top 5 recruiting classes and WAY too much hype. We have only made the current CF playoffs ONCE.

Finish the drill and we can talk. Otherwise, take the criticism and IMPROVE.

• Options
    DDubDDub Posts: 58 ✭✭✭ Junior

Georgia's problems on Offense start with the O-Line. And that starts with the Center, who has slow feet, knows it, and snaps the ball low when he is in a hurry. If Trey Hill is the best Center we have, we are in trouble... Why does Cade Mays consistently get blown up in pass protection by bull rushes?? Why can't Kindley block a stunt or twist?

Seriously, if this O-line fixed their problems, the Offense would look dramatically better.

• Options
    RxDawgRxDawg Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I went to the game. It's been years since I've been. But I've been to many others. I don't remember the fans booing like that before. Not that much. On one hand I can understand venting your frustration. 3 runs and a punt is absolute ****, and I think that's what the fans were trying to say. Plus the weather probably didn't have anyone in a good mood.

It sucks because we all know what's coming. If we can't throw the ball down the field we are not going to like the rest of this season. That's what everyone knows underneath.

• Options
    pocoyopocoyo Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

21-0 On to Fla.

• Options
    Jaylittle23Jaylittle23 Posts: 57 ✭✭✭ Junior

If you are booing at the game and call yourself a Georgia fan....you are probably a ____? Please feel free to fill in the blank. This is a very good Georgia team that deserves more support...this includes the coaches.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
  • Options
    Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

In 2 weeks all the talking stops and the playoffs start in Jacksonville Florida

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

Kirby got the players turning on the fans. If it takes getting mad at the people that support you to play hard then have at it by all means. This team celebrates too much. CKS out there jumping up against his players after a TD like they are winning the natty or something.

• Options
    msj917msj917 Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

I'm very proud of my Dawgs. They delivered. The worst thing would have been to be overly aggressive, make mistakes and lose their chance to stay alive in the division. When your driving in stormy weather you don't drive the speed limit you drive based on the conditions otherwise you hydroplane and destroy your lamborghini! Go Dawgs! Trust Kirby and the rest of our dawgs! Sic 'em Beat the Gators!

• Options
    tommieleetommielee Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Heck, we ain't fans, we is coaches. We can sit in the stands or recline in our big ole easy chairs and coach better than all the paid coaches on Georgia's staff. I wonder how many recruits were at the Kentucky game and heard the booing by fans ? Could these recruits think the booing was done at the play calling, or the team and it's players? Does it really make a difference? Been a Dawg fan since 1956, and I have never, ever booed at the team or coaches. Been disappointed a lot since 1956, but win or lose the UGA Dawgs have always been and will always be my team. On to Jacksonville, and I hope all you Boo Birds get Lock Jaw Saturday October 09, 2019.