Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Bulldogs soar with 24-17 win over Florida

SystemSystem Posts: 10,496 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football stock report: Bulldogs soar with 24-17 win over Florida

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. — Georgia football delivered one body blow after another, setting up Florida for a 52-yard knockout punch in the fourth quarter. The No. 8-ranked Bulldogs won their third straight in the rivalry series with the 24-17 win over the No. 6-ranked Gators at TIAA Bank Field on Saturday. Quarterback Jake

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    Rusty69Rusty69 Posts: 67 ✭✭ Sophomore

The dawgs won a great game! But dan you won another moral victory

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I confess that I was one of those Dawg fans who was doubting our boys; not gonna lie. It's not that I didn't think we could win, but I just wasn't sure. But I'm happy to say that they made me proud today, real proud. The O-Line and the entire defense stood tall. Jake Fromm and Lawrence Cager were beasts. D'Andre Swift ran tough all day long. And finally, James Coley stepped up. Got to give it to him. I think he had Florida off balance all game, especially in the first half. Just a GREAT DAY to be a Georgia Bulldog! And now, it's on to Missouri. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I as well. Gave us little chance. Big time players made big time plays. Just a few plus that stood out . The block by swift on the clinching play. The catch by herrien. Jake and his just mobile enough self kept us out of at least 3 sacks. Florida had little success on throwing the ball down the field. It was mostly dink and dunk that took time off the clock. Still gotta keep getting better but nice job Cooley. Nice job Kirby. Our defense is really close to being really really good.

• Options
    PetesdawgsPetesdawgs Posts: 398 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

To all you doubters-**** it. Be for your team or go pull for another one as this team was poised to win today. They played as a unit and all the coaches and players are to be commended. I called 34-17 Georgia so was pretty close and also said that we would win in almost all phases of the game. This is one I knew we would win and on to the next because unlike Florida- We have our eyes on a bigger prize.

• Options
    reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Great win, but seriously, we should have won going away. 1 TD out of 4 chances in the red zone! Need to take advantage of the opportunities. Again, great win, Florid's pass defense wasn't as good as I thought. Much better play selection from Coley. Cager coming back was the difference. Guy's a force! Please don't throw to Landers or Simmons; why was Landers out there instead of Pickens, did he get hurt?

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

To all of you who wanted to fire coach Coley ! How you like me now !!! He called a great game & we do have an offense ! Our Defense isn't bad either ! What a great game ! We beat the gators in all 3 phrases of the game ! The gators are a better team than I thought ! Fromm had Our Dawgs under control the whole game !!! Go Dawgs

• Options
    ZbulldawgZbulldawg Posts: 83 ✭✭✭ Junior

Did ya'll see us find all them nuts today ! Mullet Mouth lost his nuts a few times today...Started out calling time outs on his first drive of the game ! Kirby has his number again today ! It's been a long time since we beat them 3 years in a row ! Go Dawgs

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,150 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

YEEHAH! Jake the man Fromm was ticking them off today!!!! Swift did his thing as well as Herrien's miraculous catch and Cager was back and displayed his talent!!!! Seven snatches for 132 yds. Lots of nervous moments but the Dawgs let'er shine!!!!!!!!!!! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    MobileDawgMobileDawg Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

This game worried me, a lot. It was great to see everyone step up today, it was a complete game by most standards. Coaches had a good day, Coley called a good game offensively. Defense and Special Teams were spot on. The Dawgs were completely prepared, recognition goes out to the Coaches and Players.

Was the entire difference in our offensive philosophy and production the result of Cager being back? I don't think so, although he was a difference maker. The offensive game plan today was a lot different than what we've seen for most of the season. The run game outside the tackles was a huge difference, something we hadn't seen much of. I think Smart and Company took notice of the lack of production the offense had shown and knew something different was necessary.

Complete win and so sweet to see the Gators go down again.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I like the run game plan changing from all "up the middle" to mixing in quite a few off tackle directions. Gives the ball carrier a chance to use his vision and cut accordingly. Really good game plan offensively and defensively. This one had really worried me.

• Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,310 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Personally, I was disappointed mullins didn't try the flea flicker we stung him with in Athens. He has so much CKS in his head! Let's finish this chit and see who shows up in Atlanta! GO DAWGS!