Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Overlooked Georgia defense set tone early, shut down celebrated Florida offense

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageOverlooked Georgia defense set tone early, shut down celebrated Florida offense

Georgia football has one of the finest defenses in the nation, but critics have not been sold because of a lack of highly regarded competition

Read the full story here

Comments

• RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

No stars on our defense, just all very good players, thus overlooked in press

• UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

It seems each game has a standout...Ojulari with 5 tackles STOOD OUT! One QB sack. He may blend into the defensive line.....but he stands out! I believe press just does not like GA....they certainly favored Florida. The Dwags will win out...then what will they say?

• ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,605 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Kudos to coach Scott! He has the D-line playing some good ball! The d-line shifts that are causing so many procedure penalties in crucial short yardage situations are a joy to behold. There were at least two other UF procedures with early line movement the refs ignored.

• rhclaghornrhclaghorn Posts: 106 ✭✭✭ Junior

Tray Scott is doing a great job with the defensive line this year, and they are doing a great job of controlling the line of scrimmage. The sack by Jordan Davis was epic, and Trayvon Walker had a great play with a pass deflection. That guy is going to be a beast as he continues to develop.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Plus a couple phantom off-sides penalties that extended their drives.

• LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

If the DB who got the PI call when he could have just let the WR catch and tackle (cannot remember his name), the last FU TD drive would have been stopped.

Wasn't this the same drive with the almost interception?

Anyway, FU scored basically 10 points on our Defense...what did they score on LSU? 28?

DIdn't Vandy score 30 on LSU?

I'm still wanting to play Bama for SECCG should we make it, but our D could limit LSU's offense, I'm thinking our offense could do well against them.

The Bama defense is why I think they beat LSU this weekend, among other reasons.

There are some awfully good arguments for either team winning, but I know - barring injuries - our D will be even better come the SECCG.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone notice after instant replay went with the call on the field on our catch,the refs started calling touch me holds on us when their O_LINE was holding virtually on every play. Even on the Jordan Davis monster play he was being held and no call. Then poor ole Landers (I believe) got the hold on the TD run and he did have his arms around the guy but wasn't applying any pressure at all, like hugging your grandma IMO.

• reddawg1reddawg1 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Anyone notice after instant replay went with the call on the field on our catch,the refs started calling touch me holds on us when their O_LINE was holding virtually on every play. Even on the Jordan Davis monster play he was being held and no call. Then poor ole Landers (I believe) got the hold on the TD run and he did have his arms around the guy but wasn't applying any pressure at all, like hugging your grandma IMO.

• GeoffDawgGeoffDawg Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

That was LeCounte that got the PI on florida's last TD drive. Very iffy call in my opinion, he had his left arm around the back of the receiver which is pretty typical of DBs but there was no indication that he was disrupting his movements. Still, had he been aware of the down and distance, the smarter play would've just been to make a solid tackle.