Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.

Georgia football vs. Missouri Live Updates: News, injuries and live scoring

SystemSystem Posts: 7,416 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football vs. Missouri Live Updates: News, injuries and live scoring

Georgia football looks to take care of business against upset-minded Missouri, a team Kirby Smart says provides a tough matchup

Read the full story here

Comments

• budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
    edited November 2019

So it begins. Simmons with another drop. SMH.

Offense still can't finish drives. And still playing conservative on offense.

Question -how many fg's did LSU kick when in the redzone?

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can some one tell me where our pass rush is?

• VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can’t any of our receiver catch or get open?? ??

edited November 2019

Kirby showed how he felt. "Let's just settle for a fg". I understand bad snaps happen, but to just throw a 3 yard pass "to make the fg easier", is just a ....., I don't even know what it is.

2 stalled drives now in the redzone.

Starting to feel like the SC game, just without the turnovers.

3 straight 3 and outs. For a total of -12 yards. I just don't think Ga can score enough points to beat the top teams.

Defense just about gave up a long td just before the half. And lecounte still does not know how to tackle.

• Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore
  • KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior
    edited November 2019

Defense is playing fairly well. The offense is bland and unproductive, primarily due to play calling. I thought we learned from last week, but we're still running up the middle for 2 yards and throwing on 3rd down. We should have at least 24 points in the first half. I think we coach and play to the level of the opponent.

We need better play calling or better plays.

And, the announcers are annoying.

• KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can the announcers see? The defender was holding Pickens' other hand. That's why he went up with 1 hand. These announcers need to do better.

• MontanaDawgMontanaDawg Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate
    edited November 2019

Hope Cager and Hill are ok.

We've got to find other receivers besides Cager. Others MUST step up. Our running game has been limited, and other than a few plays our offense is going nowhere. Our goal of making the playoffs will be short-lived if we don't figure out how to execute our offense consistently and mix things up better. Still a very conservative game plan. Defense is playing well.

Auburn is enjoying a bye week, and you know they are licking their chops.

• VStateBlazerVStateBlazer Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Oh great, offensive woes again. This is not going to get it done if we make it to the playoffs. No signs of our vaunted running game either. This is troubling.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Hey Mike after the game when your interviewing the players tell Richard to put his mouthpiece in. He never has his mouthpiece in. Also tell him to keep representing Southeast Georgia liberty county.

• zonadawg61zonadawg61 Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

UGA will win tonight on superior talent. Auburn is a toss up. I don't even think about Texas A&M. Too far ahead. What I do know is UGA doesn't have the killer instinct to do what LSU did against Bama. And spare me the "we led for x out of x plays." In the end, if the dawgs want to hang, lot's of things have to change. Need receivers to step up and need a secondary that can deny and not get pass interference. That's why they play em

• Scottdobbs01Scottdobbs01 Posts: 26 ✭✭ Sophomore

Our receivers need to attack the ball. Everyone is blanketing us with faceguarding, physical man coverage and so forth. We have to attack the ball and stop expecting Jake to be Tom Brady. Go meet the doggone ball in the air and fight to get to it.

• Dogman912Dogman912 Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

The defense is elite but like the announcer said sometimes it seems like cager or bust in the passing game. Someone please step up and take it

edited November 2019

1 big play, and then prevent offense.

Now another missed fg. This offense is just trash. It might be a good thing that Bryant is playing, they could be trailing.

The announcers are talking about the missed fg, talking about how reliable he has been. I'm thinking, he probably missed because HIS LEG IS TIRED. From having to kick 40 plus yard fg's all the time.

So, when does Kirby think he is going to wear Missouri's defense? So maybe they can score some td's.

Fromm is like 45% passing. And just made another bad throw to Wolfe, underthrown.

And so what do we get? ANOTHER FG IN THE REDZONE. Ga has to have the worst td in redzone percentage in college football.

• BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

By far....by a wide margin....Bama played their worst game of the last few years.....and still almost won......Georgia is capable of beating LSU....The offense has to pull it together though...The D is far superior to LSU

We are awful lucky we have Rod. Smart relies far too much on him though for points.