Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football stock report: Defense soars, George Pickens scores

SystemSystem Posts: 10,435 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football stock report: Defense soars, George Pickens scores

Georgia football is proving it has a championship defense, recording yet another shutout against Missouri on Saturday night

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defense is awesome! Offense still needs a lot of work. But, it's better to learn in a win than a loss. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Jaydawg67Jaydawg67 Posts: 36 ✭✭ Sophomore

I’m usually not so positive but I have decided to look at the improvements. Maybe Pickens has finally gained the trust of Fromm And maybe cager is okay and that gives us two receivers. We are punting the ball much better and Blaylock seems to be making better decisions on returns . The play calling is still mind boggling at times . Looks like I often see Robertson open and Fromm doesn’t see him. On Pickens first td Robertson was behind him in the end zone. We need him to step up. Anyways. Progress in areas

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I'm a Fromm fan, but when Cager is not in the game he looks totally different; very tentative.

At this point in the season, it is past time for Pickens to grow up. He's great at making the difficult catch, but he tries to make the easier catches difficult by attempting the one hand nonsense when it's not necessary.

This is yet one more game that we had difficulty running the ball because the defense can pack the box and not one receiver outside of Cager can consistently beat man-to-man press coverage.

• Options
    DawgTattooDawgTattoo Posts: 410 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I'm still baffled by the fact that every WR except Cager has a difficult time with man-to-man and/or press coverage.

I'm also baffled by why we don't throw to the TE and RB's more often.

And finally I'm baffled by why we don't run outside more often. We did against FLA with great success.

The offense has a ways to go if we are to have any chance at all of beating LSU (I know, we have to beat AUB and Texas A&M first). Hopefully our defense keeps us in the game.

• Options
    AskBillyBAskBillyB Posts: 25 ✭✭ Sophomore

Dear George,

You got skilz, dawg! But you need to learn a few things:

1) It's not about you; it's about the team. Stop watching the Jumbo Tron after you make a play. If you want to see your highlights, login to DawgNation after the game.

2) Quit one-handing the ball. I'm talking about AFTER the catch! Tuck the ball in your armpit. Secure it. Guard it with your life.

3) Easy on the trash-talking, throat-slashing, and other excessive celebrations. Go back to the huddle; we ain't won nothing yet. That stuff will eventually cost your teamm 15 yards, kill a drive, lose the game, end the season, and for the seniors, their UGA career.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 622 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

George Pickens is without a doubt a super talent but I’m really looking forward to the day he grows up and matures. Then he himself will realize how great a talent he can be, how much he can help this TEAM and this TEAM will be much better for it. I have no doubt under Kirby and the staffs leadership he will get there. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    Jerrygray24Jerrygray24 Posts: 1 ✭ Freshman

Not sure why Matt Landers or Tyler Simmons see even one down of action. Neither have proven consistent. Both have drops that have proven costly. Just not worthy of playing time. Give the guys the ball who can more consistently catch. To use Kirby's rationale...every time you give 87 or 5 a chance, you're taking away the chances of 8, 1, 15, 16 and 17. Give the players the ball and let 5 and 87 watch from the sideline.