Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football report card, brutally efficient in 27-0 win over Missouri

SystemSystem Posts: 10,473 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football report card, brutally efficient in 27-0 win over Missouri

Georgia football isn't flashy, but the offense grades out as efficient and the defense is playing dominating football in the SEC

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Scoring touchdowns... D.

• Options
    TfbTfb Posts: 40 ✭✭ Sophomore

Need more touchdowns, not more field goals

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

A true Junkyard Dawg defense. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    RealityBasedDawgFanRealityBasedDawgFan Posts: 198 ✭✭✭ Junior

LSU is going to mollywhop us with this slow scoring offense and then they will send Bama to Sugar Bowl with 1 loss while we go to Citrus Bowl with 2 probably, but at least we will win SECE

• Options
    DAWGHOUNDDAWGHOUND Posts: 23 ✭✭ Sophomore

The article said the center was boxed up SO THEN run outside. Our running back have the speed. It really bothers me that they don't run more, that has ALWAYS been the DAWGS. Run till you wear out the defense then run some more. GO DAWGS

• Options
    87dawg87dawg Posts: 372 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Offensive line gets an A minus? When you are a run team but you can't run because your massive O-Line can't push anyone out of the way, you'd think that would affect the grading just a bit. Why don't we run outside a bit more? We have the speed and our receivers are pretty good blockers. I don't understand why a back as good as Swift is having to fight and get beat up on for 1 or 2 yards. I sat there last night thinking we have become a passing team and honestly, Swift, and I do not mean this as a knock to him, because I know how very good he is, is really a non-factor. There is no longer a fear of UGAs backs when there should be.

And yes, I know we were going down the chart for centers but after Hill went down it was bad. High snaps,missed blocks. And I'm sorry, Fromm was rushed a lot. Was florida a fluke? I hope not but I need to see that it wasn't. I keep hoping this highly touted O-Line will do what everyone keeps saying they are doing but honestly, you have to be able to run, including up the middle. We can't.

• Options
    VetdawgVetdawg Posts: 761 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I love our defense. Last night looked like a step backwards for our offense and Jake Fromm. I don’t know where the disconnect happened after Florida but that looked more like the sc game, and with the dumpster fire burning in Columbia right now .....yeesh that loss looks bad.

Fromm looked indecisive and rushed. He was taking much shallower drops than against Florida. And is it me or does Missouri play us tough every year????? it always feels like we left points on the field when we play them.

Heres to a healthy week and getting Fromm back into his mojo. Also, I’m loving what I’m seeing out of Zamir White when given a head of steam when he hits the hole, he can’t juke but man is he a tank!!!

go dawgs

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Brutally -efficient? 45% completion rate. At least the first word is correct.

@Vetdawg, I stated the same thing on another article, but just without the turnovers.

I think you graded the qb too high. And the secondary. How many points did you take off for lecounte's missed tackle, when he just tried to make a hit instead of wrapping up and allowed the rb to get 4 extra yards and a 1st down? Because a missed tackle like that to high powered offenses could of been a td. Look at the receivers on LSU, Ala have. They can take it all the way at anytime.

I'm sorry for the negativity, but I am just expecting more out of them. You need to start being more brutal on the grading and be honest with yourself. Or you may end up with major disappointment.

Does CKS already know Fromm may be back next year? Because if he isnt, this offense is going to be bad, not I a good way. Every defense will put 11 men in the box.

As I wrote in another post, maybe Hot Rod is starting to miss fg's because his leg is getting tired. Due to having to kick 40 yard plus fg's all the time. Ga offense is so basic. Kirby's philosophy is get to the redzone,and then 1st and 2nd downs run up the middle, 3rd down throw away if not there (if he doesn't try to still run it). And then settle for a fg.

• Options
    KennesawJayKennesawJay Posts: 37 ✭✭✭ Junior

Defense was great. Outside of that, I'm not sure I understand the grading system being used. Offensive line gets an A- even when we can't run between the tackles is a little confusing. But, hopefully the Dawgs (and coaching staff) will play up for the rivalry game against Auburn. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    JimDawg85JimDawg85 Posts: 367 ✭✭✭ Junior

I could tell that Mizzou had an open date last weekend as their team seemed much fresher than the Dogs, especially their defensive line. GA seemed a half step slow to start the game and I wasn’t surprised to see big no. 55 go down with an ankle. He has been gimpy for at least the last couple of games. I am worried that Aubarn has been sitting at home resting this weekend. They have a better defense than Missouri and better running backs. Don’t you know they are going to be primed to break up our streak of no rushing TD’s.

• Options
    VStateBlazerVStateBlazer Posts: 125 ✭✭✭ Junior

Our running game is not what it used to be. It is evident because of the reliance on passing more. The problem with this is our passing game has too few reliable play makers. Hopefully the defense is as good as we are being sold.

• Options
    Casanova_FlatulenceCasanova_Flatulence Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I think the grade for Jake is a bit high. As has been pointed out, when Fromm doesn't have his go-to guy out there he looks tentative, holds onto the ball too long and has accuracy issues. Jake needs to quickly establish chemistry with some of his other talented WR's. Memo to Jake... get the ball to DRob in space so he can work his magic after the catch!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,145 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Can't really add to these comments....all have some basic points. UGA really needs to be able to run up the middle, and catch passes....Fromm needs to be more accurate and advance the ball himself more often (scramble). It keeps the opposing tackles more honest....run and flick!! We've lost Cager....big hit! I don't know the seriousness of the others and there are a few. One missed TD catch I noticed made Fromm very frustrated!!!! He was gesticulating wildly. Another had Pickens in the backfield????? That called back yet another TD and swung the momentum to Mizzou. Gentlemen...you cannot do this with Auburn. They are READY! and waiting! Yes, they have lost a game or two as they say, but have a very good QB and two strong running backs, as has already been mentioned. They are ranked and may be as good as Florida. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

After several years as a promising coach, Coach Scott is becoming elite coaching up the d-line. The same cannot be said about Coach Hankton. His group has been a weak link all year. There is no excuse for teams to still be able to load the box and stuff the run 11 weeks into the season because the receivers aren't doing their jobs!

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I think our running game is in good shape. DCs are cheating because of our inexperienced receiving corps, Cager is the only one who is running the routes he should and is exactly where he should be on virtually every play. Incomplete passes are almost as much on the receiver as they are on the qb and sometimes more so. That inexperience is why the dcs get away with cheating for the run this year.

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

I agree. We could have more receivers getting open if CKS would stop using spaces for Simmons and Landers. They both seem to run the wrong routes and neither can catch. Start using D-rob and Blaylock more.