Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia football opens as slight road favorite over rested Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 10,688 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia football opens as slight road favorite over rested Auburn

Georgia is favored to beat Auburn in the teams' meeting next Saturday at Jordan-Hare Stadium even though the Tigers will be the more rested team coming off a bye week

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    GramsterGramster Posts: 74 ✭✭✭ Junior

Actually...it’s the third week in a row facing a team coming off a BYE. Thankfully 5th and last, however GT plays a Thursday game the week before our pups, go dawgs!

• Options
    BoulderDawgBoulderDawg Posts: 721 ✭✭✭ Junior

Just a word here...I'm still POed that we are changing the sked because Auburn is crying about it.........We should have said hell no!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I just hope Cager can play and be close to 100%, whatever he was for the Florida game. And we need those O-lineman healthy too.

The SEC already stacked the deck against UGA with all these teams having two weeks to get ready to Ga's one week.

It would really **** if the Dawg's have to also go into Auburn missing starters.

• Options
    BornADawgBornADawg Posts: 634 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Auburn has failed against the only two decent teams they have played (one very good) and wasn’t very impressive against Mississippi last week. I believe if we score 21-24 points in this game, our defense can shut down their run game, take their home crowd out of it and force them into being a one dimensional passing team and we can come away with a win. We need touchdowns instead of field goals. GATA! Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

All I can say is, this should be one of UGA's toughest opponents. Auburn looked respectable against Florida and LSU but not as much against Ole Miss. They may play to the level of competition. UGA will be excellent competition, so look for one tough tilt....that you can rely on. From all I have read and heard...they are ready for the Dawg's invasion. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

I am concerned about this game, but think we can win and have a more talented team. I hope the CFP committee gives us zero respect this week, so that the team has a chip on the shoulder. I also hope that the talking heads all pick AU to win to further solidify a chippiness we may need. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    kirkhilleskirkhilles Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Well, we need to play ultra-aggressive and pull out all the stops. We still win the East if we beat A&M, but at 2 losses even a victory against LSU would likely have us out of the Top 4. Of course, if we can't beat Auburn, then we likely wouldn't have too much of a shot against LSU.

I'm far from confident especially with it being at Auburn and with them rested, but there's NO DOUBT we can win.

Go Dawgs!