Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

Georgia defense tops SEC in every major category, leads nation in red zone

SystemSystem Posts: 10,480 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageGeorgia defense tops SEC in every major category, leads nation in red zone

Georgia football is getting it done with a historically dominant defense that has yet to allow a rushing TD and a balanced, physical offense

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

Beating AU on the road will be tough. If our run defense stands up, we have a decent chance. I see this game a nail biting 16 to 13 affair going either way...but Go Dawgs!!

• Options
    Wozzo_the_Wonder_DogWozzo_the_Wonder_Dog Posts: 189 ✭✭✭ Junior

I expect both Auburn and UGA will try and win by running the ball and by trying to stop the run. I am part of that group that used to respect Auburn until Nick Fairley, and I think I’ll go back to respecting Auburn when we beat them about 15-20 more times. Crush Auburn. Beat them in basketball, equestrian, and every other applicable sport. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.

• Options
    tvradioguytvradioguy Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

I think Smart is still hurting from that whipping we got the last time we went to Auburn. It showed when we met them in the SEC Championship game, because Smart had the Dawgs ready and we returned the favor. I see Smart and Co. having the Dawgs ready and we have another convincing win against Auburn! Go Dawgs, GO!

• Options
    ShoottheHoochShoottheHooch Posts: 1,607 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

If our not giving up a rushing TD is still intact against Auburn, Nix will be a turn over machine and we will win by 20.

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

Those defensive stats are impressive. Real impressive. We play 20 people and little to no drop off when we sub. No stars, just some well coached talented players

• Options
    SAVYSAVY Posts: 260 ✭✭✭ Junior

Can’t expect much more from the collection of rejects and discipline cases over on the plains. Fairly was a poor man’s Ndamukong Suh.

• Options
    LoranwhaddayagotLoranwhaddayagot Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I read that CKS played last year's Mizzou game for the players, and I think it was motivation for the D at least.

I hope he's got the tape of the last Auburn game on the plains on a loop this week!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Don't throw caution to the wind...not with the Tigers at home on the plains. They are a disciplined team and every bit as talented as UGA except on defense. That is where UGA should shine again. The task is scoring not kicking, though Blankenship may be the game decider. This will be UGA's toughest game in my opinion. I just hope the coaching staff..."get's it." You won't run up the middle on this team and without Cager (?)...well...it will be tough. GO DAWGS!

• Options
    SmartsTheManSmartsTheMan Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Take a look at all those No. 1 SEC Defensive stats. That used to be Alabama. Now it's Georgia. What changed?

Kirby has now had just enough time to make it his team with his players, and look at the results. That's The Kirby Effect...

• Options
    jackbmattjackbmatt Posts: 122 ✭✭✭ Junior
  • Options
    tvradioguytvradioguy Posts: 16 ✭ Freshman

Oh, the coaching staff remembers that whipping we took at their place last time we were there. They will be ready! GO DAWGS!

• Options
    budknox310budknox310 Posts: 812 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

@UGA66, "except on defense "? Everyone better understand that auburn has just as good of a defense that Ga has. Numbers may not be as good, but they have had to play 2 top 15 offenses. Ga hasn't played anyone better than 37th, I believe. And several teams have used the backup qb's. And considering that Ga's offense is around 50th at best. This could be a 7-3 game either way. I know things happen, and there could be big plays to score more points, but could be low scoring. Just my opinion.

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Ok Bud...good pt but the stats reveal a UGA defense second to none, really.....according to the pundits. A team is as good as it is on game day...generally. In no way will Smart underestimate the Auburn defense. They have studied the films over and over. Auburn has the stuff to do some Dawg damage for sure...but that works both ways, Bud. GO DAWGS!