Home Article commenting
Hey folks - as a member of the DawgNation community, please remember to abide by simple rules of civil engagement with other members:

- Please no inappropriate usernames (remember that there may be youngsters in the room)

- Personal attacks on other community members are unacceptable, practice the good manners your mama taught you when engaging with fellow Dawg fans

- Use common sense and respect personal differences in the community: sexual and other inappropriate language or imagery, political rants and belittling the opinions of others will get your posts deleted and result in warnings and/ or banning from the forum

- 3/17/19 UPDATE -- We've updated the permissions for our "Football" and "Commit to the G" recruiting message boards. We aim to be the best free board out there and that has not changed. We do now ask that all of you good people register as a member of our forum in order to see the sugar that is falling from our skies, so to speak.
Options

All eyes will be on George Pickens and his emotions for both Georgia football and Auburn

SystemSystem Posts: 10,430 admin
edited November 2019 in Article commenting

imageAll eyes will be on George Pickens and his emotions for both Georgia football and Auburn

Welcome to Good Day, UGA, your one-stop shop for Georgia football news and takes. Check us out every weekday morning for everything you need to know about Georgia football, recruiting, basketball and more. Why Georgia football needs the best version of George Pickens against Auburn George Pickens was publicly

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    RGBRGB Posts: 172 ✭✭✭ Junior

When he matures, He'll be special. Talent is there

• Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    GBALGBAL Posts: 743 ✭✭✭✭ Senior
  • Options
    BEACHDAWGBEACHDAWG Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Just have a good feeling about this game and this team. And I've been henny penny'd by @kasey. Auburn is the chippy team here and am establishing the o/u for cheap shots on George Pickens at 4. Kirby has a long memory.

• Options
    HootiePepperHootiePepper Posts: 18 ✭✭ Sophomore

GP is getting better and was a great recruiting win. So far he has been better than JH in a less pass happy offense:

JH: 15 REC; 231 YDS; 1 TD

GP: 29 REC; 389 YDS; 4 TD

• Options
    DallasDawgDallasDawg Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

I hope Pickens (and the rest of the Dawgs) has a fantastic game Saturday. And I'm truly glad his teammates step up to "protect" him from himself. But at some point -- and you think we'd be at this point by now in the season -- he's going to have to show some maturity on his own and realize that his antics might prove fatally dangerous to this team, especially when you consider the inconsistency of SEC referees. Play with passion, play with emotion, play with fire; yes we need ALL of that. But don't play ****, George. Go Dawgs!

• Options
    UGA66UGA66 Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Yeah, he's a bit rough hewn, but this boy plays with HEART! Passion....FIRE! He is one of my favorite Dawgs! He wants to WIN and plays that way! Let's hope he shows Auburn that they lost a superior 5-Star commit.

GO DAWGS!

• Options
    Dawg365Dawg365 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

Exactly...When. I love Pickens as much as any UGA fan but his lack of humility is evident. I hope he continues to mature and figure out ways to get better separation at an equally exponential rate.

• Options
    rhbatchrhbatch Posts: 730 ✭✭✭✭ Senior

He is a Dawg so I will pull as hard as I can for him. That being said, his emotion seems to be aimed at calling attention to himself instead of building the team. I hope he learns that even in the pros, the team is always bigger and much more important than the individual as far as accomplishments go. I am certainly not referring to putting the team ahead of individual safety!